Sunday, December 27, 2009

A White Christmas

Begging to go out in the snow. I told them they had to wait to go out until Daddy got home. David worked a half day, but then got stuck out in the snowy, shopping mess because of me (I misheard/mis-understood something and we HAD to get it right).
I spent the afternoon cooking and Natalie decorated cookies, she has such a long attention span for it and enjoyed showing me each cookie and waiting for my approval and praise. Each one was a special work of art:)
It was such a nice, relaxing afternoon being together, cooking, and watching the snow come down.
All dressed up, can't wait to get out there. Daddy got home and we all headed out.



Making a snow angel.
This fire has come in handy, we all love warming up by it.
This was one of my favorite things of the day. I loved watching the snow falling, and I especially loved this window...it looks like it came out of a Christmas movie or like it was a decoration. It was so cool to see the snow in that perfect pattern.
David is so cute, whenever he hosts a nice dinner for the holidays, he always dresses up nice.
A turkey dinner for Christmas Eve is his tradition. We invited my sister and her family over and enjoyed dinner, exchanging gifts, and even a little Christmas nativity.
Pretty interesting nativity costumes huh?

Dukie boy looking at home in the snow. Too bad we didn't have a sled, he could've pulled the kids around.
We let Stephen and Natalie open Auntie Kathy's gifts on Christmas Eve.

Natalie's letter to Santa, she always remembers her brother first, she decorated the cookies too.
She bought this candy cane so she could sleep with it on Christmas Eve, like in the Grinch movie. She wanted to sleep under the tree to try to catch Santa too. We agreed to let her. We all went up to bed, but then David and I came down ten minnutes later and could not find her. We looked and looked for her and called her, we started to get that panicked feeling. Then we found her in her bed. We asked her what happened and she said, "I wasn't too comfy...and I was cold. I'll try to catch Santa next year." Cracked us up.
We had to wake our kids up to open gifts...they slept in.
Stephen's Scooby Doo bike, isn't Santa great--they don't make Scooby bikes.
Natalie closed her eyes everytime she opened a gift (or Stephen opened one) because she couldn't stand the anticipation, she is so funny.
Natalie saved each bow because they "were pretty." David and I laughed because that is something I have done my whole life, at least she didn't try to save scraps of pretty paper, so funny how like me she is.

Stephen got lots of Scooby stuff and lots of Mickey stuff. He loved this Mickey globe we got at Disney World.
For our special ornaments this year, I got us all a Disney ornament to remember the special time we had on Natalie's wish trip. We all got one, except I got a little carried away and Natalie got five.







Stephen had SO much fun hiding in this box.
I love this, so cute!
Busy building.
Our little snowman.
Our dog Duke ate the eyes, nose, mouth, and arms off our snowman as soon as he went outside with it.

2 comments:

The A Team said...

looks like a great christmas!

Team Russi said...

Lucky you... late sleepers! I woke to the sound of tearing paper. I whacked my husband (go, go, go!) and we both sped off to get the cameras.

Happy new year!