Sunday, October 19, 2008

Videos of Nat before diagnosis

I have posted some videos of Natalie shortly before she got hospitalized and then of her Birthday in the hospital. I have had that time on my mind recently with her two year anniversary of her diagnosis passing last week.


Here is a video of Natalie taken 8-10-06. It was 20 days before she got hospitalized. I had been to the doctor two days in a row. She had been running a low grade fever for 4 or 5 days and we discovered mouth sores all over her mouth. The next day she woke up with a puffy eye. The first time I saw this video was after she had been diagnosed. I burst into tears when I saw it. Looking at her here, I could imagine a little girl with Leukemia. She didn't look good that day with her puffy eye. But of course the hardest thing to look at was how skinny she was.


Bathtime, isn't she a cutie pie. This was taken 8-18-06, 12 days before she got hospitalized for the first time. She looks better here.


This video was taken the day before she got hospitalized. I remember I got one of those feelings that day that I should record her. She had been learning to do new things and I wanted to capture them, but I had been putting it off for a while. I am so glad that I listened to that feeling that day because I have over 15 minutes recorded of me and my girl just sitting doing puzzles, talking, singing new songs we had learned, and showing off new things Natalie knew. Really just recording what my little Natalie was like before life changed so drastically. At the end of the recording I was talking about how Natalie had seen the doctor and had blood work done the day before. Then, without warning the video cut to Natalie's birthday party the day she started chemo (six weeks later). As I watched this video the other day to prepare this clip, I was startled when that happened; it felt a little eerie.


Natalie's second birthday party in the hospital. Watch how she tastes the cake....that is my little Natalie!

No comments: