Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easters

Coloring eggs to get ready for Easter. I can look at how Natalie holds her body and tell if she was having 'abdominal pain' or not. Despite the smile in this picture, she is having pain. That is what always amazed me about Natalie, she tried to do as much as possible despite not feeling well. If the pain felt better for a few minutes than she acted like she felt better for a few minutes.

My goosey girl- that's my nickname for my silly goose.
Easter morning 2007, getting her Easter basket.
She was having so much 'abdominal pain' those days. It had been hard for weeks and weeks. In fact, the weekend before (conference weekend) was one of the worst. I remember being so sad for her that morning, she wanted to enjoy her basket and egg hunt, but she hurt too much. Here she had to lay down before she could even look into her basket.

She couldn't even sit up to try to pull things out of her basket. Look at how amazing she is, still trying her best to do things and be happy.

Then, feeling a little better she makes the effort to sit up.
Feeling better, ready to go on that egg hunt....
Made it to the next room and had to lay down again...
Feeling better in the afternoon. Here she is in her new Easter dress.
Slowly moving around getting some eggs. I was so glad she was able to later since she couldn't really do it at home earlier in the day.






Easter 2008, look at the difference. We were in OKC and two weeks before Easter Natalie's abdominal pain completely disappeared, it was gone for three weeks. It was the first time since August 2006 that it had been gone. You can imagine the feelings we experienced, especially as we recalled the previous Easter in our minds. Natalie's cousins came to visit and we had an easter egg hunt at a nearby park. Natalie ran and played and looked like any other kid. I was overcome with joy and the hope of no more abdominal pain and I was in tears watching her run and play.
Action shot...running to get her easter basket.





Easter 2006, our pretty princess.



Easter 2005, itty bitty.
She loved that grass.
yummy egg...
All tired out...

2 comments:

Karin said...

I'm so glad she's come so far. The picture of her holding up the egg is my favorite. What a funny expression. I love it. Happy Easter!

Nicole said...

Grass was a big kick for Jessie too. So touching to see how she tried and tried and was so tired and sore. I am so glad that she is better now!