
Founder and Director of the Princess Alexa Foundation and most importantly, Mom of Alexa.

Once upon a time there lived a beautiful princess...and the beauty and imapact of her special life has created so much happiness for other children.

That Princess has a special Mom too!!

The before pictures were hung just outside the door so people arriving at the party could see them before the big unveiling of the playroom.

Natalie checked out the before pictures and examined the ribbon that she was honored to be able to help cut.

She was so excited to read about her friend Alexa.

When I asked Natalie what she wanted to wear to the party; without ANY hesitation she told me she wanted to wear this Barbie Dress Up that was just like the one Alexa had.

I think this is one of Natalie's favorite pictures of Alexa. She actually bought this costume when she saw it at the store last year for the same reason.

This is the before shot of the entrance, look how dark it seemed--as part of the makeover new lights were put in to brighten the room up.

Here is the new entrance view. Amazing huh?

I got to see the room before any work began and the only toys in there were a lot of over-sized stuffed animals, some places to sit, and about five baby seats, and a kid's kitchen with no food or accessories. Now look at the NEW shelves FULL of amazing toys to play with.

The boys got this very fun train table.

This is the built in dress up closet full of comfortable and washable dress ups so the kids can play make believe to their hearts content. And of course the mirror so they can see how fancy they look!!

This is the doll house for the girls, but I am sure a lot of boys with want to play with it as well because it is so cool!!

I'm especially proud of the doll house because my neighbor's father made it. He made Natalie a special one last year too, but this one is HUGE!

The brand new books and games look so much more appealing than before.

Everything turned out so beautifully.

I especially love the colors!!

Here is Natalie and Jordan being introduced as the special ribbon cutters. On Monday Natalie will celebrate one year and six months off chemo! Natalie's friend Jordan had the same type of cancer as Natalie except higher risk, and will be finishing her chemo treatments in July.

Natalie told me later that cutting the ribbon was one of her favorite parts of the party. The other favorite parts were meeting the princesses, having cake with Belle, doing a craft with Pocahantis, and playing in the playroom and meeting two new friends who live in the house.

This isn't the best shot, I should've taken video, but watching the kids run into the room was MY favorite moment. For a lot of reasons, it made me emotional.
The pictures that follow are the
BEST AFTER pictures of all and left a perm-a-grin on my face and in my heart. Look at these kids playing.






3 comments:
that's so amazing! i want to go play there, it looks fun.
Amazing! I love the colors and the shelves. Alexa continues to do awesome things. She would have loved that party!
That is so awesome! I love the room! Natalie is so pretty! I love that she has the same outfit as Alexa. That is so sweet.
Post a Comment