Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sun Ripened Deliciousness

Our yearly peach picking tradition is something everyone looks forward to.  This year it was exciting to share it with Brian and see his reaction to picking something he loves to eat.  I loved that Natalie and Stephen were excited to share the experience with Brian too!  I think the only disappointing thing is that the ice cream machine was broken that morning and so we missed out on the peach ice cream.  Stephen has been talking about that ice cream and looking forward to it all year.  Besides that, it was HOT and itchy from the grass but it was fun and those peaches were tasty.  You just can't get a better peach than picking it yourself--they are so juicy that you have to eat them over the sink!  An interesting fact that I don't think I have ever mentioned is that both David and I grew peaches in our yards when we were kids.  In fact, my Mom's family grew peach orchards in Moab, Utah.  In some funny way, I feel connected to that.  I was telling my kids about their grandparents and great grandparents growing peaches this year and they really thought it was cool!! 
 

Brian wondering what is going on...


I LOVE this picture!




Everyone had to taste one!




After he picked them, it was hard to get him to give it up!!


I can't believe how tall she is. 
I remember picking peaches with her when she was itty bitty and now
look at that long body reaching way up on her own!!

SO Stephen!!!

Pretty cool!





 
Great Day!!! 
Doesn't get much better than this!!

No comments: