Thursday, March 13, 2014

Gator World for Our Stephen

Stephen adores the show Gator Boys. 

 It's a show about rescuing gators in Florida and Mississippi and he has been watching it for a few years.  He is passionate about gators now and wants to be a "Gator Boy" when he grows up.  He's had lots of funny conversations with me about how he will manage to do this since Gator Boys don't have family--they are each other's family.  He also has a list of all his possible career choices and the benefits and drawbacks to each one....he's pretty sure he can manage several of them at a time and his new plan is that he can do five year rotations of each career.  He reminds me SO much of myself!!!  For years I used to say I was going to be an actress/model/veterinarian.

I love having things to be passionate about in life and find joy in and I love to encourage that in my kids.  So for spring break we tried to make our trip focus on some of Stephen's loves in life....it was perfect because I'd been dying to check out a swamp since we moved out here to Texas and I must say I really enjoyed holding that baby gator too!!!  One of these days we plan to take him down to Florida to see the REAL Gator Boys, but at least this trip held him over a bit!  Love this fun ALL BOY of mine!!!





























No comments: