Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Graceful Ghost Swamp Tour

The swamp tour we took on Caddo Lake was my favorite thing we did on our spring break trip.  I have been wanting to do it for several years and was so excited to finally get the chance.  It was a BEAUTIFUL and COLD morning.  We decided to go out on a private pontoon boat ride with a company called THE GRACEFUL GHOST. The captain was a former navy captain, we just adored him.  The company also operates an old steam boat and even though that is more unique and would've been cool, we made the right choice in a private boat ride.  It was interesting and we learned some cool things about the swamp and the issues facing it.  Stephen was also on the lookout for BIGFOOT and had a discussion with the Captain about if Sasquatch exists or not.  It was too funny!!  I think I fell a little in love with the unique beauty of the swamp. 





























No comments: