Friday, September 11, 2015

Blue Angels on Sept 11th


Seeing the Blue Angels on September 11th was really special.  The air show is always special because it is a tradition that we go see the Friday practice with Make A Wish every year...but having it on 9/11 was really cool and made it emotional for me.  

***

Maybe because it was already emotional it reminded me of the first time I saw the Blue Angels 8 years ago--we were still in Tucson and we took Natalie.  I'm not sure how we got brave enough to go--we had almost lost her to a septic infection a few weeks before and she was doing some of her yuckiest chemo at the time--in fact looking back that air show was one of the only places we went besides the hospital and church in a four month time span.  The only other was a day when we took her to some horse races of all places--crazy--I think we were looking for something outside away from germs.  

That was a good day-- one of the very few days we have pictures of for months on end...
Those special days stay in your heart forever and it always makes seeing the air show and in particular the Blue Angels special. 




 Combine that with very tender feelings and memories of 9/11 and today was a great day...even if we almost got heat stroke!!!  Usually the Alliance air show is in October not early Sept!!!  

Stephen took a lot of the pictures of the Blue Angels for me this year...he really got some gorgeous shots.  I'm so impressed with him!!  
































When I was a little girl, I used to think when I saw airplane exhaust in the sky that it was stairs leading up to heaven and that it meant someone had died and was on their way to heaven.  This picture is really striking and brings that back to me--it is so cool that is seems to disappear right into the sun...right into the light!!


And how gorgeous is this...







Stephen was obsessed with catching grasshoppers...I think he caught over a half a dozen.  


Brian giggling in amazement!!


SO IMPRESSED!!!




























He liked Stephen's spiky hair!!











No comments: