We spent all afternoon after David got off work Friday and Saturday out shopping for furniture. As Natalie tells us, "furniture shopping is NOT my favorite!"

Natalie was asleep in the car, but we had to wake her up because double strollers are too wide to fit in furniture stores. We did make sure to keep The Colonel asleep as long as possible though:) Her Daddy carried her for a while and then set her down. She was so cute on that big couch.

And of course as you can see in this picture, she wasn't REALLY still asleep, she only wanted to be.
A few weeks ago we were at the Disney Store and Natalie picked up a flyer about a princess party. Well, Natalie LOVES parties like nothing else so I decided it would be fun to take her. It yurned out to be a perfect to give them some FUN shopping before we went back to more BORING furniture shopping.

Natalie was a little sad that there were no princesses, just Disney employees dressed in their normal clothes. But she had fun learning about posture, how to wave, curtsey, and how to drink tea "PLOPERTY," as she accidently mispronounced it.

Stephen got in on the action too, but without even being promted he wore his crown backwards, too cute.


Man he is so cute!

The only thing he wanted was to get a cookie. After each little princess lesson, he would turn to me and ask "Cookie Mama?" because he could see them hidden on their cart.
It was kind of funny because after we left the Disney Store I was walking and turned to look at some gorgeous dresses in a window we were passing. I didn't even think Natalie was paying attention because I didn't even stop to look, just glanced as we went. I was in LOVE with one of the dresses I saw and then I heard my little Natalie's cute voice kind of giggling say, "Oh, Mom don't get distracted by all the dresses!" But it was one of those kind of things where you could tell she LOVED it and I loved that she noticed that I loved the dresses. It might sounds silly, but it was a sweet bonding moment.

To further soften the blow of more furniture shopping David took us to lunch before we got started. We checked out a little taco shop that we keep seeing, it was actually authentic and not tex-mex. It was SO cold outside, and Natalie is not a big fan of cold either. I thought it was funny that she still wore her crown even though she needed the warmth of her hood.

I think the only part of furniture shopping Natalie likes is when we let her go check out the cute, girly beds for little girls! But I think it helped some that she got to wear her the princess dress that she wore to the party too! I think wearing a princess dress always makes you feel better.
When we were looking at the cute, girly bed with Natalie she was inspecting a cute daybed and suddenly declared, "If I had a twin sister I could sleep in that bed!!" A salesperson walking by burst out laughing. It's how we feel all the time listening to the funny things she says.
***
Earlier this week we had a warm day before these freezing temperatures came back. We enjoyed it with a picnic at the park.

It is funny to see how similiar and different Natalie and Stephen are to each other (and to me). Natalie is cautious and knows her physical limits. She does not very easily try things that she deems dangerous or that are beyond her skill level, she is a true realist that way. Stephen on the other hand is crazy and was trying to climb to the top of this rope thing without any help. He always tells me "Myself! Myself!" or "I do it!" I guess Stephen needing stitches by his first birthday should've been a clue.
Besides the obvious difference of being a girl, I wonder if all Natalie's stuff she has been through has made her more cautious. She wasn't crazy as a baby either, but I know she had issues with pain since she was a newborn and sometimes I wonder if that is a factor in how careful she is to avoid anymore. I'm sure some of it is just personality too! Natalie is so funny, last week she told me that when we go over the train tracks (we have to go over them to go and come home from preschool) that she gets a little nervous that a train will hit us.

Getting ice cream was also high on Natalie's list of things to do on her Daddy's day off. She loved this cone, but didn't want to eat the part with the goodies on it.

Stephen didn't mind eating Natalie's and his too, since of course he picked out the same cone (and ice cream flavor) as his sister did.
***
Here's some random pictures since I haven't posted any in a while.

I've been doing a lot of organizing lately (my sister who recently moved to town has been keeping me motivated). One day we were shredding a big pile of papers I had while we were talking. We went out to the garage for a minute to look at something and we had a repeat of a white Christmas. It was a memorable moment.

I LOVE this picture of Stephen, he just looks so cute. Poor Natalie was sick and he hated not being able to play with her. I think she would've liked to be wearing Stephen's shirt that says Don't Bug Me!!

David picked out this really awesome car track for Stephen. He loved it as much as Stephen...maybe even more.

I think it made him feel like a kid again!

I love this picture because it is such a Natalie look.

Stephen showing off his cute new hair doo. He is adorable in this outfit, it is my favorite on him! I love Natalie's sparkly pink tights too, I found those at Christmas time and I am in love with them.


This is Natalie's proud look after climbing the rock wall at the park a few weeks ago.
2 comments:
so christa's a good organizer...good to know. :D
looks like you guys had a great saturday. i wish we could've met up with you but our weekend was insane. hopefully things will settle down soon so we can see you before this baby comes and shakes things up.
Natalie and Stephen are getting way too big! That last picture of Natalie looks like she is about 12! I love how you are doing Stephens hair in spikes too, its awesome! Im glad you guys got a day together as a family and had some fun!
I was also wondering if you could pass on our email to your friend Alexa's mom. She is going private and I have been blog stalking her since she passed away. It wont let me send it to her so I hope you will pass it on that im not a crazy mean person. Thanks
Love you guys!
Post a Comment