I can hardly believe my baby is already four!! I'm not sure how the time flies by so quickly. He really is getting to be such a big boy now!
While The Colonel slept, Natalie and I went to work on his cake....
Natalie and I had a BALL making it!!
This is the chocolate ganache.
This is what happens when you are impatient...
Yummy custard--we thought it would be fun and tasty to be fancy...
I LOVE her smile here.
David was doing something funny with the flash, but when it is enlarged you can see.
Strawberries make everything better!
Making the dirt.
Ta-da, the finished cake!!
I thought it turned out well and it was tasty too!
Most of all it was fun and Stephen LOVED it!!
I couldn't pass up the chance of making my bug-maniac son a bug cake this year!
Here is a very sleepy Stephen waking up and getting a tour of his cake from Nat.
Doesn't take him long to wake up!! Love this silly boy.
And ohhh so sweet.
Here's a better shot! If you can't tell, I'm a little proud of my cake!
Isn't he cute?
hehe!
Might as well pose a little and liven things up with some funny faces!
David's family tradition!
We decided it would be fun to have a water balloon fight. David and Stephen were teamed up with blue and Natalie and I were purple. Then I had a few random other colors, when you grabbed one of those; you were supposed to surprise your team mate and get them!
No pics of the fight, just this little pose before we started. We had a BLAST; one of the funnest things we have done in a long time. Too bad it takes so long to fill those balloons up or we would do it all the time. No one was ready to be done when the balloons were gone. Mom was who everyone wanted to get the most. I got the giggles so badly I almost peed my pants:o) SO much fun!!!!
It did get a little crazy too...the mark on his chest is from David hitting him with a balloon!! Talk about a mean Dad huh? Actually, this balloon was meant for me (I was standing 15 feet away so I don't think it would've been quite so bad had it hit me) but Stephen dashed in front of him at just the wrong moment. He still had the mark the next day. Tough kid though- he didn't cry!
Lining up all his new bug friends to watch him open his presents.
He actually loved the clothes Grandma sent and spent the next two days making sure he wore them all.
Natalie got him this penguin pillow pet- he has been wanting it for at least six months!!
He was SO HAPPY!!
Love this!
I know I have a no stuffed animal policy and it was violated twice--but this was just too cute to pass up and reminded us all of our vacation and Rocky! Stephen is also very partial to the new stuffed animals with BIG eyes.
He loved this punching bag and the little pretend bug we got was a huge hit too.
Auntie Becky & Grandma, you won't want to miss this!! In another video he was still reading the card & was saying, "dear sweetheart." Hearing his voice say that phrase was SO precious- and so cute that he thinks that is what a card to him would say!
The Colonel thumps on his new Spiderman punching bag. Near the end he started asking the bag, "how come your hitting yourself?" Cracks me up because that is something David has done to Stephen since he was a baby- makes his little hand hit himself and then asks that. So cute to see him do it to his toy.
No comments:
Post a Comment