Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Month of Love

In my last post I mentioned the new fish we got as a white elephant gift at Christmas.  I guess I jinxed myself because when I changed the water I didn't condition the water properly and the poor fish died.  The kids were bummed that Mom killed their fish but we went and chose a new one.  A very pretty one I might add.  This time the kids named it right away (maybe that will give the poor fish some protection).  I LOVE the name--"Blue Spiky Love."  This is a combo name- Natalie wanted Blue Love and Stephen wanted Spiky Blue (I think it has something to do with his Spiky Blue backpack). 

And on another funny note when it comes to names-- when I was first pregnant David told the kids that if it was a girl we would name her Lois and if it was a boy we would name him Luther.  And Stephen now says that if we have a second boy it will be Superman.  Natalie and Stephen are sticking to this and really want the name will be Lois or Luther--I keep telling them Mom has veto power :o)

 Aren't these two cute together? The two Stephens.

A quick visit from Grandpa who brought his dog, Shadow, to my sister because my Grandma is moving in with them and doesn't like dogs. 

 One night we went out for a quick frozen yogurt and this is how The Colonel dressed to go out.  It isn't the best picture, but I must say he was pretty funny and adorable. 
 Another random picture of Stephen dressed a little crazy- here he is in his Chinese outfit. 
This reminds me of a little chinese outfit Natalie loved to wear when she was three and four.--it was adorable on her.    David's Dad took a cruise to China when Natalie was little and picked these up. 

 Last week we got our first snow of the season--a little dusting of it right before bed.  Ok--maybe it was a little past bed but of course we let our kids go out in it :o) 
 See just a tiny bit...but still oh sooooo exciting for my little ones!!

 Stephen danced around, literally, singing "Jingle Bells" and loudly chanting, "This is the BEST DAY EVER!!!"


 Pretty girl, I love the braids!
 After the kids came in, Natalie colored this picture.  It says, "Home is where it snows and where is glows with 'bruther,' Dad, Mom by the fire and together." 
I just LOVE this!!!
 Natalie SO excited about the cupcake she picked out at the store--pretty cute!!

 Natalie's princess artwork. 

 Stephen was beyond excited about Valentine's Day.  He LOVED making his cards and he loved the idea of taking candy to school to share and especially getting some from others!!  He was practically dancing out the door that morning.  This was his first Valentine Day where he got to go to school.  I was pretty lax this year and we just re-made our boxes from two years ago by changing the stickers.  Stephen didn't even remember the box, so he thought it was great, and now he says he wants to keep it FOREVER. 
 This is Nat's re-used box. 
 The kids Valentine for Daddy.
 Course they have been eating a lot of his candy...
 I'm in love with their little handprints...can't get enough of handprints. 
 David got me these yummy strawberries and roses and he got Natalie the other flowers.  We also went out on valentines for the first time in quite a few years.  Actually, since Stephen started school we having been getting a weekly date day--five hours from the time we drop him off till we get him.  It has been fun since we almost never go out just the two of us.  Before I was pregnant, that was actually one of the things I was looking forward to in the fall when he starts Kindergarten.  Now with the baby coming in the summer, I am glad we are getting the chance to have some us time before we start back in those busy baby times. 


 Love...

 My little cutie at the park.  We sure enjoy the playground next to Natalie's school and go several times a week. 
 Going for a walk with Mommy.  Can you get much cuter?

 Natalie's picture about what she had for dinner, steak and corn, her favorite. 

 Natalie attending a play of Aladdin at a nearby Children's Theater.  She was excited to get to take a friend with her. 
 She HAD to dress up to watch the show and this outfit from her Wish Trip was PERFECT!!!

 After seeing the Aladdin play, Natalie and Stephen having been playing Aladdin non-stop.  They are SO cute!!  The other day they were playing that Natalie's doll was their baby and David and I were Grandparents.  Stephen started swinging Natalie's doll around upside down and Natalie got pretty worried and wanted him to treat her baby doll better.  Stephen pointed out that he was the Daddy and he was doing what Daddy does (David sometimes holds the kids upside down and in fact had done it an hour earlier)--it was true he was doing it exactly like David.  It was so cute!!
 And this is my favorite picture!!!

 Aren't they sweet?
 A surprise from Mommy and Daddy...
 Stephen was looking for some new tennis shoes a few weeks ago and tried on some cowboy boots and was in LOVE!!  Natalie has been begging for boots for almost a year since they wear them at school for spirit days.  So David and I finally went out and got them a pair.  They were so excited and Stephen is ADORABLE in them.  David had a pair of cowboy boots when he was little--I'll have to post this great picture I have of them.  David and I aren't really into western stuff but I think David likes the boots for Stephen since he had a pair when he was that age. 
 I guess they are Texans now...the Christmas right before we moved to Texas we got Natalie a little cowgirl hat and I remember David and I lamenting that she would grow up onsidering herself to be a Texan.  Funny, Texas has really grown on me. 

 On Presidents Day I was SO excited to have Natalie home from school and planned on taking my cuties to the museum and maybe the zoo if the weather was nice.  David had to work, but I planned on making the most of a stolen day.  Poor Natalie woke up that morning with pain on her side that kept coming and going.  She really wanted to go and tried but had to concede that she just couldn't do it with the pain she was in.  It lasted six hours- poor baby.  I was getting concerned and thinking I might need to take her in because it wasn't going away and it wasn't normal.  Then it suddenly went away and she wanted to go to the museum, we only got an hour and a half but it was better than nothing.  And thankfully once the pain went away it was totally gone and she was able to have a great time with her brother.  The really sweet thing was how patient Stephen was- he was dressed and ready to go with his cute hair and cowboy boots before Natalie even got out of bed.  He was SO good waiting for that long until Natalie felt better.  Sometimes he really impresses me. 
 Palydough is always a favorite around here!!  Alphabet cookie cutters was a fun twist.
 Natalie showing me what her name would be in Spanish and if it was a question.

 Feeding the ducks...


At the house that love built.  PAF party at Ronald McDonald house in Dallas a few weeks ago.  David was great and dressed up to help out. 

No comments: