David of course made my birthday super special!! My dear friend watched the kids the evening before and we went to dinner and then went to a cute little bakery for a cannoli. I loved it because while we were eating dessert there was a HUGE thunderstorm--I LOVE the rain so it was perfect!
On my birthday I woke up to crumb cake (a favorite and PERFECT for breakfast) being delivered from a friend and when I came downstairs I found that David had gotten up during the middle of the night after we went to bed together and done the dishes I had left in the sink and mopped my floor that I had been trying to get mopped for several days--AND he had blown up tons of balloons that floated all over the floor and decorated to boot!! What a fun way to wake up!!
For lunch we went to a Hibachi place where they cook the food in front of you--I have been wanting to take the kids all summer. It reminded me of the time we took Natalie when she was sick- I had forgotten about that. She was scared of it then--but this time it was a HUGE hit. I knew they would love it. Ever since then whenever we are going out to eat, Stephen will beg to go there. Then we took the kids to see Brave (I know it was my birthday, but sometimes the best thing for a Mom is to do something their kids are excited about) and it was SUPER cute too.
David took Natalie to a bakery to get my cake and she ordered a chocolate cake filled with chocalte ganache and strawberries. She told them that is what they do on Cake Boss:0) It was as yummy as it sounds and beat a grocery store cake hands down. It was seriously so yummy!!
Stephen piled all the balloons up in the corner and had a ball playing with them!
I know it is silly--but I seriously felt so loved and special that David picked out zebra stripe candles for me. He knows me well--they made me happy. Funny how it is often the smallest touches that mean the most.
My cute little Brian!! My best present this year!
Natalie got me a card telling me I am Super Mom- love my sweet girl!
And Stephen's card had his cute little voice recorded--I LOVE those!!! He was SO SO SO proud and excited to give me his card. Natalie was too. That is my favorite part.
Maybe a bit of a homer's bowling ball from these two...:0)
Natalie got me this necklace- I guess it is like one she saw in the sky mall magazine when we were flying back from the Florida Keys last year. She remembered it and David helped her find something similiar. Did I mention that I love my sweet girl and my sweet husband!
Perfect Birthday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment