Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Late Scooby Doo Birthday & More Hospital Pictures

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Natalie and Grandma made the cake. Natalie told Grandma just how to decorate it, including mixing the blue and green on the sides of the cake. Natalie planned out the party in the hospital, it had to be a Scooby Doo party, which is perfect because Daddy LOVES Scooby (he purposely bought Nat her first Scooby Doo video trying to get her to like it too).

Natalie had a very specific idea of a gift in mind. I was amazed because it is something I have thought of buying David for many years. I had already bought a big gift online and so we are saving her gift idea for later. Instead we bought him a baseball bat. Right after David opened it Natalie said, "Don't ever let Stephen have that!" She is worried about him hitting her with it. Hopefully we can get The Colonel to learn not to hit soon!!

Natalie did not want to go somewhere 'special' for Daddy's birthday dinner. Her idea was CiCi's. We were driving and discussing where to go and Natalie piped up with her second idea, "how about Thai?"

Playing Peek-A-Boo with Grandma! Grandma is having so much fun with The Colonel....he is her only Grandson and she loves boys.




Natalie sleeping in the hospital. She is holding a hospital diaper. She loves to count hospital diapers and play with them...this time she kept a "collection" under her pillow!

With The Colonel, after his bath he is finally clean enough to be in her bed with her. He was all over the nasty hospital floor.

The Colonel getting a bath in the hospital. Isn't it amazing that both my kiddos are blondie duplicates of me. Who would guess that they are 25% hispanic.

In Tucson with Paula Walla Ding Dong.

My mountains in Tucson by our old house. Boy, I miss mountains. Everywhere I've lived my entire life has been near mountains, except the two times I've lived in Texas. I get lost without them. Apparently I'm not the only one......Poor Grandma Burraston got lost when she tried to pick us up from the hospital. David was at work and Grandma had my car. I guess she made a left turn on the first freeway instead of going right. Poor Grandma, she knew we were waiting for her and after 30 minutes she realized she did not recognize anything. After stopping for directions, it took her a good while to get to the hospital. I know she was stressed.

The Colonel posing in a hard hat when we went to visit people at David's old work.

Natalie posing in the hallways of 3East, which is where clinic and the inpatient ward is in Tucson. Natalie went back to clinic to get counts on her old clinic day...Monday. I will always think of Monday as clinic day even though it has been wed since we came here.

Elmo was on the wall next to the emergency elevators, we always took these elevators when she was neutropenic. She loved Elmo when she was two. In fact her two year old birthday in the hospital was Elmo.

This is the toybox at clinic in Tucson. She got to pick out a toy every time she went to clinic....that is why she has so many toys.

Just being pretty waiting for her bloodwork to come back.





2 comments:

Stan said...

Wow! She really is turning into a very pretty young lady!

Crys said...

that last picture is a framer for sure! so good to see you guys last night. i am SO pumped for the ball!!!!!