Friday, November 14, 2008

Vacation in Tucson.......hospital stay too.

Natalie was very excited about out trip. She told me she was going to travel to Tucson in a suitcase and she climbed right in to show me. She also tried to put The Colonel in a suitcase too.....he didn't like it.
Natalie showing her attitude.
We were so excited to get to Tucson and see our best friend Scotty.

This is Scott's Mom and Dad, Paula and Joe. Joe went back and shaved and came back with a moustache. We were all laughing, I've never seen him with one before. Paula is like Natalie's Grandma and a second Mom to David and I.
Stephen Scott sitting in Scott's wheelchair (yes, we named him after our friend.)



After spending the evening before in the ER, we went to the zoo to try to enjoy our vacation and the nice Tucson weather. Natalie didn't have a lot of energy, although later that evening she was spunky again.
We didn't have our normal double stroller. Natalie didn't want to walk, so The Colonel got the chance to walk around. He loved it.
The zoo wasn't crowded so we let The Colonel walk around and look at stuff (we had to direct him, but he did great). He was talking to all the animals and he loved the aviary. He got really close to a big grey bird and thought it was really neat. He was pointing at everything.



Here is The Colonel talking to the Otter's. Both he and Natalie (and David and I) loved them.
The otters were standing up on their hind legs trying to get as close as possible to the people watching. They were making lots of noise as if they were talking. It was quite a show. They especially seemed very interested in my kids.

I have a picture of Natalie sitting on this elephant just a few weeks before she got sick. It was one of the last pictures of her before her first hospital stay and I remember that I looked at it many times to see if there was something wrong that I had not seen. When I saw the elephant I knew I needed pictures of Natalie and Stephen sitting on it.





At the hospital.
Hiding from the 'scary' scene in her cartoon.

She loves this pig that Joe gave her the night she got hospitalized when we were at their house. She named her piggie...Paula. She is so funny. She likes to do eskimo kisses with her little piggy.

This video is super, super cute!!!!!!

2 comments:

The A Team said...

hope you guys made it to the fashion show!!

Nicole said...

Tammy,

I'm glad I can now see your blog. So where did the name "Colonel" come from?