Saturday, November 8, 2008

There was a strong association between Natalie's abdominal pain and eating. Here is a video on June 9th of her having pain at the table. She was interested in me recording her. You can see how she positions her body. Even during times when her abdominal pain was more manageable, we almost always saw it during mealtime.
Here is a video on June 13th. I was trying to record her to show the motility doctor what her abdominal pain looked like. We had an appointment in July. I never got to show her my video because Natalie was in the hospital when the appt was supposed to be. I did meet with her in the hospital but I wasn't prepared.
This was also on June 13th. You can see why I am so thrilled that her abdominal pain is under control now. We went through 23 1/2 months of this.
Here is a video on July 1st. She doesn't know I am watching her or recording her. She is outside trying to fight through her pain (which she always tried to do) and keep coloring with her chalk. You can see how she has to lean against the door. We would always find her leaning against the wall or objects. One time she even leaned against our entertainment center and popped the glass door out.


All of these videos were taken after her gallbladder came out in May. I have some older video of cute, baldy Natalie having abdominal pain. I will try to find some of the older video another day. The only times I tried to record her pain was for doctor's appointments so they could understand it. It seems like I don't have very much video footage or really all that many pictures of her time as a baldy. When I think back I guess it is because you don't take pictures when your child isn't feeling well and so often she wasn't. The abdominal pain was debilitating for long stretches. During her most intense chemo, she would be having pain like this for up to 18 hours a day. It almost broke me. I promised her I wouldn't stop pushing the doctors until she felt better. It took a long time. I am forever greatful for each day she doesn't have pain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh that video brang me to tears.

shes such a worrier.

--audrey