First 'pokie' after getting her central line out. She chose pink because she is a girl.
As a reward for getting her first pokie I took Natalie to the store for 'Princess Time' while David watched The Colonel. We had lots of fun. Natalie helped me look for shoes to try on and then we went to pick out a toy. Natalie had a gift card that someone gave her at the princess ball and I told her she could buy whatever she wanted and could afford with her card. She told me she wanted a new baby doll, until she saw this costume. That was it, she knew exactly what she wanted. This costume like the one her friend in heaven, Alexa, has. It cost the exact same amount as the gift card was for! When we went to pay I handed Natalie her little gift card and she got so excited. She said it was the best day of her life to get to buy something that she picked out with her own money.
My friend Crys is putting a slideshow together for the Princess Alexa foundation of kids dressed up. It gave me the idea to find a collection of Nat's pictures when she is dressed up. So this was perfect last night that she picked a new costume. As you can see, she has been dressing up a lot recently, she has been feeling so good. A lot of times (even when she was younger) Natalie would do 'hodge-podge dress-up.' Sometimes I think that is the best kind. This was fun for me to put together and I realized that another time I will have to put together pictures of her dressed all cute and fancy and posing. Now I really have a lot of those!!!
Sometimes it doesn't take much to imagine you are someone else (this was some kind of monster) and just have fun! I know it is blurry, but this smile is my Nat's smile. Her two year old smile when she wasn't posing. Here she is wearing her "Chinese Outfit." Our sweet arrival straight from heaven!
Oh- she's a cutie- I agree- I like her hodge podge dress up a lot- esp two different pair of shoes. I love dress up- unfortunately, Jessie seldomly does anymore :(
1 comment:
Oh- she's a cutie- I agree- I like her hodge podge dress up a lot- esp two different pair of shoes. I love dress up- unfortunately, Jessie seldomly does anymore :(
Post a Comment