Poor Baby did not want to get an IV, she started crying and was begging to get her finger poked instead (which you all know she does not like either). I explained that she had to get antibiotics and told her I was sorry. She looked up and me and whispered that she wished she could have kept her central line forver. It almost made me cry. She was upset and cried for the nurse not to touch her when she went to put the emla cream on. She went to x-ray (which has been easy for her since she was three) and was freaking out because she was so scared about the upcoming IV. She did not want me to put her down. We talked while we were waiting for them to check the x-ray and I told her she could ask her friend Alexa to be with her and hold her hand. She responded well to that. Mom would hold her and Alexa would hold her hand and be with her. We got back to the room and she was so scared. She kept telling them she needed a minute before she could put her hand up (all the while begging for them not to do it). I didn't think she was going to be able to do it and I thought we would have to do it the hard way. At the last moment she surprised me and thrust her arm up, turned away, and held very still. She still cried, but she did great. I was SO proud of her. She told me she did it for me and for Alexa. She is the sweetest thing.
This is how she explained her fever to me while we were waiting for a room, it was cute so I made her repeat it for the camera.
We amused ourselves by taking some video...guess what song she is singing?
I have been wanting to record her saying the word temperature forever, she says it so cutely.
Deep Woosie-Doosie baths are Natalie's consilation for having her central line out. Here is some video and pics from Natalie & Stephen's most recent bubble filled deep woosie doosie bath just a couple of days before.
He always gets the bubbles over over his face and mouth, silly boy.
The Colonel saying bubble.
4 comments:
That is so sad that she cried for the IV! That would break my heart. That is so sweet how she is always talking and thinking about Alexa.
I love 100 dalmations high and her singing the Aladin song. What a cute-precious girl. She was very big too and gave them her arm as she turned her head. You have very sweet children. It was fun spending time with them the other night.
I love that you treasure every little thing with your kids. I try to but I'm sure you have a better testimony of how important the little things are. :)
Is that your friend Melissa's baby that came to softball the one time? She is cute!
That Miss Natalie is so sweet she gives me a sugar rush! What a doll! Poor baby--She is so brave!
I don't blame you, Natalie, I like baths too...
Post a Comment