Friday, October 9, 2009

Last Countdown Chain...Almost!

Waiting to do her last countdown chain, well actually the last one is on Monday and it says something about packing bags and going on the plane (David and I peek ahead:) We'll let her get up and do her chain in the morning and then we will drive to the airport. It should be lots of fun!
She loves doing her countdown chain. This week it said to take a picnic to the park. The only problem is that it has been raning all week.
Thursday morning there was a lull in the rain. It was still overcast and everything was soggy, but we ventured out and had a morning picnic in the park before David went to work. I always think rainy weather= donuts, so that is what we had for our picnic in the park. As soon as we got tp the park, Natalie slipped in some water and mud--picture slipping on a banana peel and you will have the visual. She did not like being dirty and for the first time we left somewhere and The Colonel was cleaner than Sissy.
She loves sprinkle donuts, but she didn't actually eat it. She did eat the tangerine though- her new favorite. When Grandma came this time last year they ate oranges a lot. Grandma has a special way of cutting them up and on the car ride home from the airport picking up Grandma, Natalie requested oranges since that is her thing with Grandma. She has such a good memory.
Check out this gigantic mushroom we saw. Natalie loves mushrooms and wanted to pick it and eat it.


After pushing the kids on the swings for 20 minutes, David decided to swing too.


After seeing David swing, Natalie decided she wanted to try the big kid swing. She has tried it briefly before, but never had enough balance or confidence to do it. Check her out. She is doing great with so many new things.

After seeing Daddy and Sissy, The Colonel had to try too. Unlike Natalie, he isn't afraid of doing anything.
Isn't he a cutie?

After putting Stephen down for a nap (and briefly falling asleep myself) I heard funny noises downstairs. When I came down, this is what I found. Natalie had roped Grandma into a game of Scooby Doo. I found Grandma hiding in the laundry room. It is so great having Grandma here. We are having so much fun with her. The other night she spent 30 minutes telling Natalie a princess story that she knows. Natalie loved it.
Grandma loves Natalie's love of stickers and always brings her some special ones to put in her sticker book. The Colonel is big enough that he likes doing stickers now too.

1 comment:

Karin said...

We made a countdown too and Sienna LOVES it!

I'm sad we won't make it to the party tonight. We're not leaving town anymore but I don't want to risk spreading any lingering germs to all the kiddos there.