Sunday, October 4, 2009

Room Reveal

Two weeks ago, Auntie Laura and her friend Sheila came from OKC to help Natalie re-do her bedroom. Auntie Laura is super talented and told Natalie at Christmas that she was going to come help with her room after Natalie started talking about mixing up and combining colors--Laura's language. Time flys and Auntie Laura felt bad that it was already September so she made a special trip down to work her magic.
Whenever we go furniture shopping Natalie gets very excited about the white furniture. There is a commerical about being a "true Disney princess" where the girls are sititng on a white bed and she loves that commercial. Auntie Laura thought white would be perfect. David and I decided that while the talent was here helping, we better buy Natalie some new furniture. I have always wanted a vanity since I was a little girl, and it turned out to be even more fun to buy one for my princess.
I had meetings for the foundation and so I got out of a lot of the work, but Natalie and Stephen both helped. Oh, and David was a HUGE help too! It's a little hard to make out in this picture, but Natalie was the official screw holder for everyone.
I love where Auntie Laura decided to put the bed. We took out all of her toys and stuffed animals too and made it into a bedroom instead of a bedroom/playroom. Our family room upstairs now has a section for toys. I never would've pictured doing it that way, but I like it.




I love this saying that I found a few weeks before Auntie Laura came, "Princess, Daughter of a Heavenly King."
David's drill broke the week before and so he had to go buy a new one to do her room. He surprised us and came back with this amazing new light fixture that matched the curtain rod Auntie Laura bought amazingly well. Natalie calls it the "Tinkerbell Light."
If you look in the corner, you will notice the white pumpkin hanging up. Natalie was diagnosed on October 12th and she spent Halloween in the hospital that year. A group came to the play room and let kids decorate pumpkins, Natalie's counts were too low to go but they brought her one. I remember thinking how perfect it was at the time because it reminded me of Cinderella's carriage--her room had the Cinderella wall clings even back then. It is VERY special to me.
I am going to put up another picture on this wall. The one I am thinking of is the one where she is dancing with David at her princess ball, the one where he lifts her off her feet. I love that one.
Her IV pole is the only eye sore in her room. I'm thinking of wrapping it in something glittery or maybe some feather boas so it will match better:)


Auntie Laura brought all the stuff to do the curtains. I am SO in LOVE with the curtains. It is my FAVORITE thing in the room. They are glittery and sparkle just perfectly, especially in in the evening. It is hard to see the sparkle in the pictures, but it is gorgeous.

After Auntie Laura left I was sitting at the table eating dinner with Natalie and I asked her if she would like to find a special place in her new room for her original Alexa necklace. She got a funny/sad/sweet look on her face and told me she was so proud to have had her necklace for so long. She told me a few other very special things and then we found this special place for Alexa's necklace. When we go to Disney World next week, we will probably come back with some princess souveneirs and maybe we will find a better spot. I am planning on having a plate made for her to commemorate her MAW trip and hang it in her room as well.
I love my girl! I love how happy she is!


This is the cutest video of her playing in her princess dress in her NEW princess bedroom after the HFC coffee we went to.

And some posing...




I love how she climbs down because Brother is coming...look at the looks on their faces. I love this picture!

3 comments:

Team Russi said...

Great room!

Jessica said...

I love the new room. I bet she never wants to come out!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I bet she loves her new room. That is so much fun. I love the Princess quote too and hope that Natalie never forgets that she is a daughter of a Heavenly King.