Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Beach in the Heart of Texas

After picking peaches, we explored the little town nearby. I discovered that Natalie is an amazingly fun girl to shop with in a trinket or antique type of store. She came away with a "gato" that she named Snowball because of the stories I have told her about my first kitty when I was her age--all white just like this little toy. She is in LOVE with this little kitty!!

After lunch, shopping, and some carrot cake (Natalie's favorite), we stumbled upon this amazing city park by the lake. We had thought about having a picnic by the lake earlier, but it was way too hot--this turned out to be a much better plan.

What started out as a promise to just play in the sand...

Quickly turned into getting their feet wet...
The smiles were wide and often, so were the giggles, belly laughs, and squeals of excitement...













The wet line on their shorts inched its way up, and The Colonel's shirt was already soaked--Natalie's argument to just get in the water was strong and hard to squash...
What fun these kids had. I couldn't get enough of the smiles. Natalie has been talking about this place all day today, she is ready to go back with real swimsuits.
I have to admit feeling stressed at lake water getting close and perhaps in Natalie's face and mouth, but the smiles and laughter were great!!
They didn't even mind having to drive home sitting on plastic bags in nothing but their undies:) It was worth it, just what childhood should be like.

1 comment:

Rachel Leos said...

It looks like you guys had an amazing time. I still remember picking peaches as a little girl in Fredricksburg, TX. Where did you guys go this year? Jesse and I have been looking for a place to go.