Saturday, July 31, 2010

Best Vacation



When Natalie first got diagnosed and began chemo, we had "hard days." She did not feel well enough to play for two minutes straight so the thought of "playing till the sunset" was something to be dreamed of. It epitomized hope in so many ways.

This wasn't our trip to the beaches in Hawaii where "Lilo and Stitch live" like we had talked about. But this day on the beach was perfect. It was truly the kind of day we used to dream about. Perfect in everyway. The only thing that might have been better is crystal clear blue water where you can look down and see your toes and a fish if it happened to go by--this is the way David described it to Natalie. Everything else was literally perfect, we played the day away...what more could we want.




2 comments:

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

I cannot believe how big Stephen looks in these pictures. He is so grown up. I think we're heading down to Sea World next month and I am so excited!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHEN!!!!!!


--Audrey