Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stephen's Three!

Birthdays have been a BIG topic of conversation around our house for months now. Stephen and Natalie are always talking about whose birthday is coming up next and making a list of all the birthdays of our family and how the holidays mix with them. Stephen is ESPECIALLY interested in his OWN birthday and turning three (and he also talks about turning five like Natalie). I LOVE the way he says "BOOTHDAY!"
On the morning of his birthday, Stephen came downstairs for breakfast wearing his super hero mask. He had no idea Natalie had carefully planned a superfriends party for him.
He was so excited to see presents just for him.
We took a carefully planned afternoon drive, which always puts Stephen to sleep, but today he was much to excited for his upcoming party to sleep! It meant he was awake while we decorated. Even though we didn't get to surprise him, I think he had just as much fun helping to decorate. He LOVED blowing up the balloons. And I just have to say that he was SO handsome and adorable in the new outfit Grandma gave him for his birthday. It made his beautiful blue eyes stand out even more.










David got this for Stephen when we went to the Alamo last week.
I love his little toes! Even though he is three, he is still MY baby. I tell him this all the time. He usually smiles big and tells me, "no, I'm a big boy!!" But sometimes he hugs me really tight and smiles and I know he loves being the baby.
For months now, whenever Stephen sees something really cool, Natalie will say, "Stephen I'll get you that for your birthday!" Stephen also asks her to get him things for his "Boothday," as if Natalie is all powerful. In the same vein, he tries to get permission from Natalie if I tell him no about something. It is so cute how much he looks up to her.
The toy Natalie ended up getting him is one he has been drooling over at the store for months now. She knew he would love it.




Since we had friends come that we don't see often, they stayed late and the playing and partying continued well into the night. Even though I am sure they were all tired, there wasn't any problems, they were all happy and played great.



This was one of my favorite moments at the party, it is a little hard to hear, so turn it up. Stephen loves little babies and he came up to little Charlotte and did the little piggy's on her toes. His little voice saying "roast beef" was just too adorable. Natalie does this to Stephen's toes. I love it.

My other favorite thing is HOW much Stephen LOVED his birthday and how special it made him feel. He was talking to our friend and he pointed out individuals at the party and told him how each one had come to HIS BOOTHDAY PARTY. The way he said it, it was obvious how special that was to him. Sometimes Stephen gets less attention from others because of Natalie's situation and because he has been younger--so I was SO happy to see him feeling so special!!

Both Grandma's traveled to come to Natalie's 1st birthday. Natalie was a first Grandchild for one of them. Stephen's 1st birthday was celebrated with our friends and last year it was just our little family for his birthday. This year, he had both his Grandma's come for his birthday!!! Thanks to everyone who came and made him feel so special!

1 comment:

Team Russi said...

Happy birthday to your little boy! It looks like a fun party.