Thursday, August 19, 2010

Grandma B Time

We had such a fun time with Grandma B. We always enjoy having her visit; she is so easy to have around, so helpful, and the kids are crazy in love with her.

While Grandma was here, we took her to do some of our favorite things: The Children's Museum, fishing but of course in our true style we didn't catch anything, feeding the fish at Cabela's (which was disappointing because they were out of fish food but Natalie felt better after getting her favorite vanilla fudge), and cannoli's at our favorite place--they taste even better after spending the afternoon at the circus. It was so fun taking Grandma to the circus because she laughed out loud and giggled the entire time, she is a pretty cute 73 year old!!

It was fun having Grandma just do all the normal day to day stuff, she and I can chat the day away and it is fun. Natalie took Grandma shopping to Sam Moon, one of her favorite stores. They sell everything girly; purses, hats, and jewelry. I was surprised that Grandma loved it and not just for watching Natalie cutely try on the hats. I had no idea she would like a store like that; it was lots of fun.

We enjoyed cookouts with Grandma, making salsa, breaking out our new chocolate fountain, art projects, and Grandma LOVED Natalie's new favorite restaurant--we went there twice because Grandma loved it so much and I think she loved seeing Natalie order her "snails and lobster biscuit," really escargo and lobster bisque. I loved seeing David teach Natalie and Grandma how to make his verde salsa. Grandma was in heaven with the salsa. I am the same way, this green salsa kick has been going on for almost two months and I am not at all tired of it!

David and I went away for the first time ever. We enjoyed two nights away in San Antonio while Natalie and Stephen had a great time with Grandma. They made sugar cookies with Grandma. They were the best ever Natalie cookies. Grandma told me Natalie sat down and decorated and decorated and decorated, I think there were 40 cookies and she did almost all of them. They were prefectly Natalie--wonderful, colorful, interesting combinations full of sparkles of all colors and hearts. The Colonel didn't have much decorating stamina, but he had a lot of cookie eating stamina. Stephen is a dunker, which is so cute. Natalie loved the decorating, but I think she only ate one cookie:)

The cutest thing about being gone was that David taught Natalie how to call him. She would call and ask Daddy if he had fed her dog. Natalie plays a game on facebook called Farmville. She calls it her "Farmer Ben game." She has been working toward getting a dog for quite some time and if you don't feed it everyday it will run away. So she wanted to make sure that her Daddy was taking care of her dog. Oh, and guess what she named her dog...Lois Lane. A few months back she told me that if we have a baby girl she wants to name her Lois Lane--I guess she got tired of waiting and found a good use for the name. I Love it!

Natalie loved seeing "Kitty Calor." She was dying to see it and was reciting the commercial for Grandma for several days. Natalie LOVED it and I Grandma didn't even bolt from the theater when they showed a mouse over and over--but her eyes were shut tight!!

After seeing the movie we walked around and got a cookie. It was dark and we decided to walk to an area with a foundation and gazebo. It was one of the best moments. As we walked warm, big, slow rain drops began to fall on us. They stopped when we reached the fountaion. Watching Natalie and Stephen throw pennies into the fountain was the best. It was one of those moments that I wished my heart was a camera so I could capture the feeling forever. Grandma B. supplied the pennies. Stephen would get his penny in his hand and close his eyes when he made his wish; then he would open his eyes and wait until he could see that Natalie was ready and then he would try to throw it into the fountain in unison with her. They each made two wishes and I could tell they were special ones. Then we sat and enjoyed the evening air. Sometimes moments are special without there being a real reason, your heart just feels it and that was how that evening was. Simple and sweet.

And besides all that we celebrated Stephen's birthday, Grandma's birthday, and a little belated Mommy and Auntie Laura's birthday. Auntie Laura was able to spend a few days with us too when Grandma first came.


Happy Birthday!!!





Mmmm, Chocolate!











The Museum






The Ducks








The Circus










Natalie the Model






Natalie just had to model all of Stephen's artwork. She did write his name so I guess she can claim ownership of that:) She insisted I take a picture with EACH item. Stephen of course only cared about playing with them! Natalie's artwork will be revealed later...


Olivia Dress

Stephen got invited to a little friend's birthday party the week before he turned three. Natalie decided to tag along with him to the party, since she is such a party girl. Natalie just HAD to wear this dress. This is her "Olivia Dress."

Yes, my sweet girl like to name things and I think it is adorable. Natalie named this dress when she got it last year because it reminded her of an Olivia dress up set she got in the hospital--random side note--this dress up set was hand delivered delivered to her room as a pick me up by her oncologist; so it was quite special:)

The reason Natalie decided she HAD to wear her Olivia dress is because the birthday girl's name was Olivia AND it was a lady bug themed party, which we knew because of the ladybug invitation. Natalie also has ladybug jewelry that we made together and a ladybug scarf that she likes to wear WITH her Olivia dress because her Olivia dress has dots like a ladybug. So cute!

No comments: