Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Dinosaur World

My favorite part of the dinosaur world walk was watching Natalie and Stephen's faces light up and watch them run up ahead with their arms in the air pretending to scream in fear. But my VERY favorite thing was when Stephen pointed to one dinosaur and put his hand on his hip in Stephen style and told us, "ToDally Awesome!" And of course he said it in the cutest barely three year old voice ever!!
The fossils in this fossil dig were pretty wimpy, but we really played it up and the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever to each pick out their three fossils.

I just loved this whole little series of pictures...






Yes, these dinosaurs were something to get excited about!



Natalie loved the "baby dinosaurs" and she copied me and talked to them in her high pitch squeaky dog talking voice. I love when she does that, makes it so I don't feel out of place for being silly:)
Stephen started doing this to show us what the dinosaur was like, see the flap under the dinosaurs chins. Apparently Natalie thought it was cool and started copying him.
LOVE this picture!

"No, it's Horton's Flower!" That is what Stephen would tell me when I would make a comment about his or Natalie's flower. They found this almost perfect duplicate of the flower in the Horton Hears a Who Movie. It was the only one around too. This picture cracks me up because Stephen is crossed eyed looking at his flower...I seem to remember that from the movie too.
Always being silly.
One of the coolest things is when we had been out on this hike looking at all the donisaur replicas for a while, we started to all get VERY hot. Natalie very dramatically asked us, "is it going to be like another hundred miles to the end?" The entire walk was one mile. What I loved is that after that I told her we could go through the last few fast and not stop and read about them; she wanted to go faster but not give up reading about them. I loved that she wanted me to read about each one. We had fun with that. She loved hearing me tell her what my favorite dinosaurs were when I was growing up too and all my favorites turned out to be some of her favorites.
We walked through this little museum and Natalie really thought the dinosaur eggs were VERY cool. I loved these dinosaur eggs at a museum I used to go to with my family when I was her age so I thought it was cool that she loved the eggs too. She was smarter than me and told me, "Mom, if these dinosaur eggs didn't hatch a thousand years ago when the dinosaurs were still alive then I think it means they will never hatch!" Her time frame is a bit off, but she is a smart girl to know that. As a kid I used to imagine that a dinosaur might still hatch from the egg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this is totally random but i just wanted to tell you that in 7th period, we were to write a page long paper about our hero and i diddn't have to think about it to know that i was going to write a paper on Natalie.
:)

---Audrey.