A few weeks ago there was a rain storm while the kids and I were at McDonalds for dinner on a night that Daddy worked late. When we came out the rain had just cleared up and we saw this BEAUTIFUL rainbow. I have always loved rainbows--I think everyone does. In recent years I love them even more because they remind me of my sunshine, my Natalie. Since she was little Natalie always liked things to be very colorful and as she has gotten older she loves to draw rainbows and they are not always the traditional kind.
After we saw the rainbow it was the talk of the night. I told Natalie about Noah's Ark and the rainbow's significance, I told her about the more scientific explnation of rainbows with light and stuff (the best I could), and then I told her about leprachauns and gold at the end of the rainbow. She liked the leprachaun story the best and wanted to find the end of the rainbow--that was my favorite when I was a girl too.
I loved Stephen's response to the rainbow, he said he wanted to take it home and put it in his bedroom. I love that!
No comments:
Post a Comment