I love the footprints, they remind me of their prints in the sand on the beach. Natalie had a lot of fun helping me pick out the prettiest and most unique shells and arranging them. We also crushed up some of the shells we didn't use and put those crushed shells in the footprints to try to make them look iridescent. It wasn't as cool as I hoped but it still looked pretty good.
These two are pretty proud of their footprints too- I put the date on the stone as last year because that is when we got the shells, but their footprints are from this week.
Natalie got this pot and sunflower seeds from a garden theme birthday that she went to. The kids had a ton of fun planting them. I love this smile.
They were excited watering them and waiting for them to grow--and SO excited when the little plants started peeking out.
Painting our Cinderella stones. Stephen likes to mix his paint!
I loved these cute pictures of Stephen posing. Adorable!!
He's showing me his muscles.


The finished products.
Stephen paints much faster than Natalie, so we had to find extra projects for him to do. He actually did this entire puppy without any help from me. The only thing I did was the eyes. I think it looks great and the sparkly stuff he insisted on adding was just the right touch:)
My rainbow girl painting a rainbow. I love how messy her paint shirt is getting. She has been using this since we snagged it from Daddy's closet when she was two.
A chance to paint for MAW.
Coming along SO nicely--they are so excited to check these everyday.
This is actually something we started a few weeks ago, these little pirate things started off less than an inch big and have been growing bigger and bigger in this bowl of water. Stephen has LOVED checking on them two to three times a day over the last several weeks and marveling at their growth. He likes to touch them too and tell me how "lipperly" they are. What I love is how excited Natalie and Stephen are to show them to each other when they check on them.
This is a special rock that we started soaking in vinegar on the first day of spring break. It finally started growing crystals the other day. The kids love checking on it and commenting on how stinky the vinegar is. It should get more exciting from here now that the crystals are growing.
Here is our other collection of projects. I love the suncatchers they painted. I remember painting a set of these when I was 11. I still have them in my Christmas decorations. I did it on my own, but have such good memories of it. I have always loved arts and crafts and projecty kinds of things- I don't have much talent but love it. So it is a lot of fun to do these things with my kids--and this one was especially cool for me to help them do. Actually by help- I mean being the paint pourer:) They do great on their own. I think you can tell which ones the boy did:)
Monday, March 21, 2011
Spring Break Projects
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment