Monday, April 11, 2011

A Good Sunday

These two were SO excited to have a picnic--especially to have a "real one" where they "sit on a blanket." Actually, Stephen didn't care--he was just interested in finding bugs--and didn't want to take the time to eat. This one just makes me laugh. I love watching these two interact and listening to them talk to each other. His face here cracks me up. Bringing Sissy more flowers. He was done with taking pictures before we even started, so by this time he was REALLY done. I SO loved this spot and love how this picture turned out. I love these beautiful spring flowers. Love these too! What a fun day having a picnic and enjoying the beautiful spring flowers. The afternoon was spent with the kids playing dress up together. It was a good family day together after church.


I love this picture with Stephen's little hands. Stephen was SO excited to pick out these little chicks at the store to share with Natalie. For almost a year Natalie had a little yellow chick just like this in the cupholder of her carseat and the two of them loved to play with it. I think Stephen might have ruined it one day--so maybe he was trying to make it up to her or maybe he just has good memories of it. Either way they are loving them--I have loved listening to their little conversations about the names for all the little chicks.

We had a good time making these paper mache eggs too. It is always fun to do holiday crafts and makes the holidays more exciting. Natalie LOVES arts and crafts and for a while now she has been telling me she is an artist, she loves it so much it is becoming a part of her identity. Stephen always wants to make things look like cute, little animals and I love that about him. I love that he is still in the "abstract" painting phase too.

Thinking of a name for the chick.


Last week we went to see the movie Hop with the kids. It was really cute and they loved it. Afterwards we found a new gelato shop that opened near the theater we like. Natalie was SO excited because she loves and has good memories of our favorite gelato place in Arizona. This place was good but not fantastic like the place we love. I was eating sugar free gelato, which is not that great--but my kids cheered me up by being so cute:) They kept singing the theme song from the Hop movie- I Want Candy!!! Both of them were so cute and would take turns singing other cute things to the tune. It was so fun listening to them--and perfect because that is one of the Wish Night songs this year. I love the whole candy theme--it has long been a favorite of mine--maybe because I LOVE candy!!

The other fun thing we did over the weekend while we did our Easter egg craft was some fun initials for their bedrooms. I thought they turned out so cute.

This one was one of my favorites because all the pieces are SO perfect and have a lot of special meaning to me. I love when I find perfect things and because I am so sentimenal.

Can you guess who did what eggs? Funny that Natalie wanted to do a Halloween Easter Egg--those are bats on top. I love Easter and can't wait to color eggs and start doing more egg hunts. It is funny how we extend each holiday out so much- I don't remember that as a kid but I think it is fun.

No comments: