On the day of St. Baldrick's we had a busy day. We started off the morning having a brunch with our group of cancer friends. It was a little early for an egg hunt, but one of friend's LOVES easter, has a million eggs, and a perfect yard for an egg hunt. Oh, and her daughter was diagnosed just a few days after Easter- this is her first Easter off chemo- so it was fitting to have an egg hunt with her friends. Our friend remembers her daughter not able to look for eggs on Easter because her legs hurt and they didn't know why--I remember the Easter of intensification when Natalie couldn't walk because of all her belly pain and just plain being miserable at the end of delayed instensifcation. Seeing these five cancer survivors running around for eggs together was pretty cool and amazing- just kids being kids.
I love this cute boy of mine!
His bucket got SO full and there were still eggs to be picked up. He kept trying to pick more up; making eggs fall out of his bucket. He did this several times before I suggested he take some to his sister. He thought that was a perfect idea. It reminded me of that scene in Cinderlla when Gus is trying to carry a huge stack of corn. I was giggling the whole time watching him.
After St. Baldricks and a yummy lunch of catfish for Natalie- we decided to take our second go round of the new season at Six Flags since Daddy had the day off to be shaved. We aren't going to get as many chances to go during the cooler part of the year since David works on Friday and Saturday nights. We had a great evening!
I love Stephen's face in these pictures as the ride progresses. This is the first time he has gone on it without a grown up and the drop is pretty intense. I don't think he has been on it many times at all for that matter- he was barely tall enough at the end of last year.
Grins....
Hmmm, not quite so sure at the moment...
Sittin' back and chillin'...
No comments:
Post a Comment