Saturday, April 9, 2011

Snapshots

I LOVE this picture.

This is Stephen lately- he wears these froggy boots of his everywhere he goes. I hear lots of compliments about how cute he is.

This was so funny. He put all these bracelets on his leg after making them with Natalie. When he was showing them off to Daddy he laughed and told us, "STYLISH" and he said it with a little grin and a funny voice as if he knew it was funny.


Our old nemesis has been back too often the last few weeks. Poor Natalie.


Poor Natalie and that tummy of her.

This is a picture of Natalie and a friend from school. For months Natalie has been telling me that she wants to make a card for her teacher to let her know, "how much we appreciate all the things she has done for us all year." She wanted to have this friend come and help her and so we finally set up a time to do it. They were so proud of the cute card. It makes me proud that Natalie is so thoughtful and caring and that she recruits people to be involved in good things. The mother of the girl told me that her daughter says everyone at school likes Natalie because she is so sweet and nice. That is one of the best compliments and makes me so proud as a mother--that is the best reason to be well liked.


I have to laugh because I was SO, SO shy as a kid and especially as a K and 1st grader--Natalie has the opposite problem. She tells me, "Mom so many people want to sit with me at lunch that it's hard to keep us with my promises." Especially because there is one boy that she tells me wants to sit with her every day--she tolerates it for a bit but then she has to sit with other people too. Lately she has been telling me that these boys in another class chase her and try to grab her everyday at recess--only her apparently. She has a group of friends that she says try to protect her so it sounds to me like they are having fun with it. I explained to her that the boys probably chase her because they like her. I told her that boys are pretty simple and I wished I had known growing up that they did that when they liked you. I did mention to her that girls are much more complicated:) She told me, "It's not for the reason you think Mom, they have 'mad' faces." She is so cute. I love these little conversations with her.

2 comments:

Kiera said...

She is so cute and so is Stephen! We need to get together some time! My kids would love to play with yours!

Anonymous said...

I knew Natalie would have lots of friends! She's such a people person...!

I love you guys! Have fun! with whatever yoiur dong........



-Audrey