Friday, September 16, 2011

The Portrait Project: Courage & Cancer





 The cute little picnic of all their favorite foods.  Natalie told me they had king crab for her--her all time favorite food when she was little--sadly she is allergic to it now and couldn't eat it. 




 She LOVED her portrait! 


She was SO cute up on stage.  I wasn't expecting the little "I LOVE..." thing that she read.  I guess she found it on Natalie's caringbridge site.  It was something cute Natalie said shortly after she moved here when she was three.  I had forgotten about it until she started reading it and then it came back to me.  It reminded me how precious my blog and her CB really are to me.  I think the time put into it is worth it.  SO precious! 
Isn't that beautiful?  What a smile she has!
Our friend Summer.
Little Sam helping his sister up on stage because she is shy in front of a crowd.  It was the sweetest and most precious thing ever.  Stephen had stayed home with David's sister who was visiting from out of town, so this moment made us miss having him.  But he was sleep deprived and had more fun staying at home for the "evening of Stevie" as it was called. 
Miss Lisa is beautiful!
This boy really impressed David when they went to the Children's Cancer Fund event in the spring where they took their calendar photos and met Troy Aikman.  He wants to be a preacher when he grows up.  David loved this picture- it really is very cool!
Thanks Meagan & David for the amazing picture!

Checking out her picture with the master photo taker. 


 

These two videos talk about this very cool project thought up by Meagan Harris and inspired by a little girl who recently passed away of cancer.  Besides the amazing gift of such a beautiful portrait of our child, there was a silent auction to raise funds for the Children's Cancer Fund--they fund research right here in Dallas for childhood cancer. 


Part way through this video she mentions siblings and I just love what she said about Stephen.  It was so sweet--and actually described my favorite part of the experience of taking the actual photos.  Some people are just so amazing and compassionate and caring.  I loved how they made Stephen feel so special that day. 

***
These are some of the photos from the shoot...

Pretty amazing picture! 





1 comment:

David Quisenberry said...

Thank you for posting Meagan and Shelly's intro to the project. It was an honor to capture Natalie's beautiful spirit in her portrait and I cant wait until the day you get to share it with your grandchildren when you are telling stories of how brave their mother was.