Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Reflections...Believe, Dream, Inspire

Every year I think it would be good to get my kids to enter the reflections contest at school.  I remember that reflections was around when I was a kid; it must be a pretty good program to be around that long.  Even though I always have good intentions, we never seem to get around to doing it.  This year I served on the PTA board and I was in charge of reflections for our school.  It was a pretty big job, but it turned out be fun too.  The best part is that it actually got me motivated to get my kids to do some entries.  The funny thing is that we worked on entries earlier and then forgot to turn those ones in.  But the ones the kids did end up turning in were pretty great.  Both Natalie and Stephen had an entry that advanced all the way to State level judging; you have to win first at the district level to do that.  Natalie even won "best overall interpretation" in the photography division across all the age groups at the district level.  It was pretty cool to go to the display they set up at a little Coffee Shop in Roanoke; the kids were SUPER excited to see the BIG ribbons on their pictures!!  



This is for Natalie's musical composition that she wrote in one night. 
 I think she could do really well next year if she starts a little earlier...











No comments: