Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Night


 I have never loved our costumes as much as this year--particularly mine!!  I had SUCH a fun time with Maleficent.  I wasn't even going to dress up until I saw the horns at a costume shop two days before Halloween and I got SO excited and fell in love with the idea.  Everyone changed their costumes to go with mine!!   It was so fun!  


We had such a fun day on Halloween.  I wore this spider head band for our lunch date--I felt super festive.  SO FUN!!  The kids got to wear Halloween colors or shirts for red ribbon week--no costumes--but I found them some fun Halloween socks and they loved it.  David was supposed to work on Friday--he hates to miss stuff with the kids and he ended up getting lucky and his time off was approved.  It was fun getting an extra day with Daddy.  After school we jumped in and got our pumpkins carved--I know we were SO last minute this year.  Stephen was worried all week that we wouldn't get them carved.  It was kind of fun to carve them ON Halloween night!!  Then we got all changed into our costumes-- they take some work to get on and got an early jump on trick-r-treating!!  It turned out to be a super chilly night--it was warm the night before so it took us a little by surprise--but that's Texas for you!  We got home in time for the kids to help pass out candy- they LOVE that job!!!  And then we went to check out a little haunted house at Stephen's piano teacher's house.  It was a cute one for kids and they loved it!  We grabbed a pizza and went home to enjoy a movie, candy, some carmel apples, and passing out more candy!!  Such a fun night!!!  
The highlight may have been the music from Sleeping Beauty that David played from a speaker in his pocket while we went trick-r-treating.  People kept wondering where it was coming from.  So fun!!  It was actually the song playing for David and Natalie's dance at her end of chemo ball when she was little.  So special!! 






Poor Stephen was so nervous we weren't going to have time to carve pumpkins!



This little guy was SO excited to be involved. 




I love that all the boys are into the carving and the guts and Natalie is still planning out her design...








Once we got into the nitty gritty of the carving, I put Brian in his chair and he played with the guts for 40 minutes without getting bored.  He was mad when I took them away to clean him up.  I think he could've been entertained with them for another hour.  It's so funny- he is our kid that hates to get his hands dirty (just like me) and yet he LOVED this!!!




Natalie's pumpkin...


David carved this one...it was jointly picked out by Nat & Stephen. 

This was Stephen's.  I carved it for him but he put all those eye balls around the top--totally Stephen!!  Natalie was almost offended that Stephen picked this one out- she thought it was WAY TOO CREEPY!!!

Loving this unusual freedom to run around.  He was either way too slow or way to fast- hard to keep up with when you are wearing wings!!


In heaven!!!

Looks creepy in black and white!!
Stephen really wanted to be a mummy but I couldn't find one at the last minute.  His other requirement was to be creepy and scary and have cool face paint.  He is a knight that got burned in the Maleficent movie--so that's why he has half of his face.  












David had fun picking out all the King stuff...




Ok, sorry I am totally in love with my costume!!!

The only picture I got of them going up to a door...

Brian loves the scary decorations!!!

Passing out candy!!



In the glow of the pumpkins...

No comments: