Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Perfect Day

He is so proud of his hat.

This video is so funny! It is of Natalie talking to her princess friends on her little phone while she was waiting for us to go to Six Flags. I had previously interuppted her phone call to make her go to the bathroom. Sometimes I almost can't tell if she is really talking to someone. On the way home from Six Flags she was talking to her princess friends again, she was telling them she wanted red and orange sherbert in a princess bowl. She was placing her order for the upcoming party where one of her favorite princess friends was going to be turning five. The other day Natalie had a meltdown and when David was trying to diffuse the situation (he was trying to get her attention because she didn't seem very reasonable or coherent), he asked her if she thought her princess friends would be disappointed if they saw how she was acting. It worked, after a moment she told him, "Daddy, my princess friends are just pretend!" Then she went on crying, but it seemed fake and out of stubborness after that, it was soooo funny.

Cool dude!
Trying to get a picture without the binkie.
He is so funny.
She wore her cool sunglasses all day. She is such a princess! She also goes around doing her little dance move....hands over her head and singing oh yeah baby whenever she is happy about something. The really cool thing is that she walked a ton. she usually doesn't want to walk and says her legs are tired. We would have to hold her while in line some, but it was a huge imrovement. I was impressed!!!
The wave! Oh, he is getting so cute. David and I are finding ourselves loving watching his cuteness.
The roller coaster pals posing together!!
Waiting for lunch. Even lunch was perfect. The Colonel seems to be getting better and better when we eat out. He doesn't have less energy (he was running back and forth on the bench), he just seems to get into less trouble. David commented while we were eating about how much character he has, and he meant it as a compliment. It was good,since meal time when we are out is a time we sometimes are prone to feel frustrated with him. I got him to take more bites by telling him they were scooby snacks, this has worked before for me and it is fun. He is into everything scooby.


Last year when Natalie had her central line, we didn't like letting her play her in the watery mist, you can get VERY wet fast and it isn't exactly clean. As you can see in this video, she was lovin' it.

Great day. David says this face she made is just like our good friend Scott makes.

After we had fun at the park I came and found Natalie with a spray bottle and comb. Stephen's hair was perfectly done. She did his hair for him and I guess he let her. So cute. Then she was dancing so I made her let me record her. If you watch closely, you can see that Stephen is trying to sing the song too.

3 comments:

Stan said...

I heard Duke bark!

Nicole said...

You guys do so many fun things! I always get jealous reading your blog.

Karin said...

I love her princess friends and that is how you guys got her to stop misbehaving. That is hilarious that she forced a cry after as if not to let you see that she was worried about upsetting her imaginary friends. I love Stephen's hat too!!

I'm back in town - let's play.