Ten years ago today was the happiest day of my life; the foundation and rock my life is built on. That is the day I married my best friend and soul mate. David is my everything and always has been since the moment we met.
We got married May 29th, 1999. David and I dated for four years before we got married, and the 28th of May was the anniversary we always celebrated before that. It was the day we held hands for the first time, cute huh?
Here is a picture of David and I a few years before we got married.
This was us at David's prom.
This picture was taken not long after we met, you can see that it is worn and dirty. This was taken at a Chicago concert we went to, I was only 14 (almost 15 as I always say) and David was 16. From the first time I met David I knew he would be my best friend. In fact, I knew he HAD always been my best friend. My soul recognized his. That is a unique experience. We both knew it and even though we were young, we knew we were perfect for each other. I have always known David was my soul mate. Now it has been 14 years since we met and 10 years since we got married. I have now known David for half of my life. The time has flown by and I love David as much today as I did then. My heart still beats a little faster when he comes in the room.
7 comments:
wow! You guys are so cute together! The way you talk about your hearts knowing each other sounds like the twilight series when a werewolf imprints on someone and they are bound for life! I love it! So romantic! Love you guys have fun tonight you deserve it!
That is the sweetest post and almost made my eyes water. That is honestly so awesome that you guys have been so close for so long and now married 10 years. That explains a lot of why you guys are such rocks of faith and are able to lean on each other so much during hard times. I look up to you guys even more than before. Way to prove the world wrong and show that good marriages can last and stay good!!
Do you have a babysitter tonight so you can go do something fun?? If not, you better call us!!!
I love stories with pictures...makes it so much more meaningful. Congrats on 10
How amazing! That is awesome that you have been together for 10 years! congratulations!!!
No way- I can't believe you knew each other four years before you were married... Jon and I just celebrated our 8th and I of course wsa thinking that #10 is fastly approaching.
Sweet post!! Happy anniversary.
Life is better when we're with our soul mates. I sometimes have trouble remembering how things were before, because it's just so right with the one we love.
aww your pictures are so cute what a great story! Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a great time together.
Post a Comment