Thursday, June 11, 2009

Me and My Girl

I had such a good day with my girl today. When we went shopping, Stephen fell asleep. Natalie walked around with me and looked at everything. She is beginning to really like shopping and she has definite opinions about what she wants. We had fun picking out some new, fun stuff for swimming and then looking at the toys. Natalie has something in mind for Stephen's birthday. My favorite thing was looking at clothes with her. We looked at all the princess stuff. Grandma sent something last week in the mail and it was a little big so we were looking for a smaller size. She fell in love with an aqua blue jacket(kind of like the color of her blue sparkly shoes. She tried it on over her clothes, but it was too big.
We found a load of other things to try on, she picked them all out herself. This is the first time she has been so interested in going and trying something on at the store. I loved how she modeled in front of the mirror. I loved every minute of it. Then it was off the the grocery aisle. This is where she gets opinionated. Let me just say that branding and commercials work. It is so amusing.
Enjoying the ice cream Natalie picked out at the store.

My cutie.
We did our nails so they would match with the new pink sparkly polish we found. We both liked the same color the best. Then Natalie let me curl her hair (just for fun since it was bedtime anyway). She is a little scared of the curling iron. Isn't she a pretty girl?
She even let me pick out her PJ's for her tonight. I picked my favorite pair to match with her pretty hair. She got this pair when Stephen was born and I have a lot of memories of her in the hospital wearing them. Plus, I love cherries and pink.

We converted the bathroom into a bowling alley to play with the bowling set she wanted to buy. She and Stephen loved it. I liked watching them giggling, but I was the one setting up all the pins each time.

2 comments:

The A Team said...

love the curls!! if i try to do that around here, i'd have a few angry boys. we get home on tuesday so what are you doing next weekend?

Nicole said...

You should see how still and rigid Jessica gets when I curl her hair- maybe I should curl it all day long and keep her calm...