Thursday, June 25, 2009

Princess Alexa Foundation Closet Launch

Dress up closets sponsored by Hitachi and made by BKM furniture. Bows made by my friend Shae.


Mother's of Alexa and Blake.






Here's a few shots of my Natalie. She had an incredible time. She made friends with all sorts of people and loved being a super helper at the end and cleaning up all the pom poms off the floor. But, the princesses were still her very favorite part. She is going to love going to Disney later this year.


Natalie got to pick out a costume, at first she wanted Cinderella because she is in LOVE with Cinderella (it is the same one from her end of chemo princess ball). She already has Cinderella at home so I tried to convince her to pick something else. There was a great Tinkerbell that I thought she would jump at, but she was still stuck on Cinderella. Ariel was her next choice, but there wasn't one in her size. At last she saw the one she wanted...Princess Alexa. That was the only thing that got her mind of Cinderella and Ariel. Later she told me she wanted that costume because it reminds her of her friend Alexa Aigner. The colors are actually similiar to the dress from her princess ball.



These are some of my VERY favorite photos of the night. These four kids all have the same diagnosis...Pre B Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia and they are all around the same age. All of us Moms follow each other on Caringbridge, so it was very special for us to get them together and have them have so much fun with each other too. As you can see from the length of their hair, they are all in different places in treatment. Natalie is obviously all done with chemo...she just marked six months off chemo two days ago. Jordan and Philip have been in maintenance chemo for a few months now and Lisa is just at the beginning of maintenance. Aren't they precious?







Check out all these photos of kids who came to the opening! These photos (and seeing all the kids) just makes my heart soar.



















This is Cody, the sweet kid who was inspired to do his Easgle Project after meeting Natalie in the hospital last year when her gallbladder went bad. For his project, he made fleece blankets and coloring packets for kids at Childrens. He just passed his Easgel Board of Review last night after helping at the launch party.

6 comments:

Karin said...

I am glad it went so well. Look at all of those beautiful children.

Kiera said...

How awesome! I am so glad it all went well! It is such a great foundation! You guys are so awesome! I hope Crys and her family are doing okay! It looks like they have been keeping busy!

Amy Pennington said...

Tammy, You guys did an awesome job with this event! I was blown away!
Love your pictures...I will be giving Crys hers soon!

Nicole said...

Wow- that looked like it turned out so great! What a wonderful event!

Crys said...

Thanks again, my friend, for being such a huge part of it. I need these pictures- I love the ones with the bows on them Very cool.

Team Russi said...

Great pictures, awesome party and a wonderful cause! It was so nice to finally meet everyone.

Take care,
Jenny