Friday, March 19, 2010

Diary of a Princess

Natalie hates to have cold, wet hair on her back. Normally her robe works fine to keep her warm, but the other night I saw this cool hair towel in the closet and thought she might enjoy using it. She LOVED it. She pranced around in it for half and hour and told me she was pretending to be Cleopatra, the Queen of the Nile. I was surprised she knew who that was, until she told me it was from Scooby Doo. Now she wants to be Cleopatra after every bath:)
Natalie has always loved purses. She got her first purse from our friend Paula for her 1st Birthday! It was a cute little black purse that imitated a grown up purse, but was just her size. Even back then we knew every princess needed a purse and even back then we were well aware that we had a princess on our hands.

Natalie has quite a large collection of purses; probably 15-20. She goes through spurts where she uses them a lot and other times when she forgets about them a bit. This last week has been purse week. She has had a purse with her non-stop, she even carries it around the house when she is playing. These days, she loves carrying all her makeup in her purse.
Check out Nat's Caringbridge page for the story about this book and the title of the post.

I have been promising Natalie all week that we could make cupcakes. We are planning on making some cool ones out of this cupcake book we borrowed, but our errands took too long and we didn't get home till later than I thought. I didn't want to disappoint since I had promised, so after bathtime we made cupcakes. We just made some spring colored ones and didn't get into anything too fancy since it was so late.
Natalie patting the mixer and singing, and Stephen following suite and patting Nat's shoulder. So cute!
She loves the decorating part.
She got this great idea to decorate the tops of her cupcakes with rings, so she ran upstairs and brought a collection down. Pretty creative and cute. I think she did it because she was having a hard time piping frosting on and didn't want her cupcakes to be too plain.
Natalie got to play dress up with two little girls that I was watching today. They played dress up all morning long. This is Nat as a very decked out bride.

No comments: