Friday, March 26, 2010

Surprise and Great News!

I threw a baby shower for my friend last week and Natalie was so excited to get dressed up and go to her second baby shower in a week. I had to have The Colonel with me during the shower because David was working and he did pretty awesome even though we were at Pei Wei for almost two hours.

On my way to the baby shower I picked up a cake and when we went in, there were these awesome princess cakes. Natalie's eyes lit up when she saw them. Later on that evening I snuck out, braving the crazy March snowstorm, and got one to surprise my Natalie.
She loved it!! And I loved seeing that magical look in her eyes again!

Check out her great reaction to the surprise...




Natalie and Stephen enjoying the new Barbie Jeep that was handed down to them from a fellow Wish Family whose daughter had outgrown it.

Natalie and Stephen BOTH LOVE it. They are so cute riding in it together with their sunglasses on and always snatching my keys to put in the ignition. Natalie is getting pretty good at streering, except when she is in turbo speed and then she laughs and laughs and squeals so much that she crashes. I went on a long walk with them the other day and we all just loved it, even our dog Duke didn't mind getting run over a few times. Nat was making up songs and singing as we went, one song she made up and kept singing was about a "lovely" something. I could never catch what was lovely because of the noise of the car, but the lovely part was cute enough. I think this Barbie jeep will gets LOTS of love.

Natalie had her clinic appointment on Tuesday. She loved making these crafts and had her best day in a long time with her finger pokie, no trouble at all. Also, we got the most EXCITING news; no more monthly CBC's, Natalie will only have to get a CBC and oncology physical every three months now and next year we will get to move to every six months.
After getting her pokie, Natalie really wanted to go see the trains. We loved these butterflys that are part of the new addition to the hospital. On our walk to the trains, Natalie got SO excited to see the castle that is inside a display case. She LOVES castles and any building that looks like one. For some reason she never remembers this castle and everytime she sees it, she gets so excited.
Natalie really wanted to find the train with Snow White. When we got there, we discovered that they have made major changes. We found Show White.
I liked this part of the train because it reminds me of the train outside the hospital that we often see going past.
This new addition was the COOLEST.

Two funny sleeping pictures of The Colonel.

No comments: