
I come from a family of five kids. I have three brothers, but I only have one sister (well, until I married into a terrific family and gained three wonderful sisters). So, that makes MY sister pretty special to me. My sister Christa is the oldest and I come next; coming just 16 months later.
Being so close in age, my sister and I spent a lot of time together and we shared rooms most of our growing up lives with only a few exceptions. I was always the messy, unorganized one and was always dramatic. My sister probably put up with a lot from me. She was pretty easy to get along with. One of my sisters greatest loves has always been books. She is the BIGGEST book worm I have EVER met. A book a day was NOT an exaggeration for her. When we were younger I used to think she would never get married because I didn't think she would ever put her book down long enough to find a husband. Sorry Sis, I really did think that as a kid:)
As soon as my sister graduated from high school, she moved away to school in the midwest. She went through a cool accelerated program and finished dental school six years later. I got married just a year or two after she left and for the last ten years we hardly ever get to see each other, usually it is only once a year. In October, my sister moved about five minutes away from me. It has been a big change to have her so close after so many years of being far apart. It has been fun to have her close and to be able to spend time together. One thing that I have enjoyed is her perspective; she says Natalie is just like me when I was little (except I was shy around people I don't know and my Natalie is NOT shy). She has also given me insight on myself growing up and said even back then I was all about heart, she says she always described me as a "bleeding heart." Kind of funny.
My sister and I were always so different. I was a girly girl and loved dresses and hair and such and she was a tom boy and loved books. Even though we were always so different we still have a lot of things in common and we have always loved each other and basically gotten along. A sister is a special thing in life. Growing up, my Mom's nickname for me was "toots" and Christa's nickname was always "sister." So, happy birthday "sister," I love you! Hope you enjoy these fun pictures I put together of you. I'm guessing you don't have most of these.


Me and my sister!






No comments:
Post a Comment