After saying goodbye to my parents yesterday morning, we met David after work and ventured out to enjoy the last several hours of the opening day at Six Flags. The weather was AMAZINGLY perfect and there were no crowds. It was a perfect afternoon.
The first ride Natalie wanted to do after not being there all winter long was her favorite Wille Coyote coaster. I was lucky enough to be picked as her first riding partner. I loved the "pock, pock" noises she was making to pretend she was a chicken as we waited in anticipation. She also has a new coaster scream down and part way through the ride she paused her scream and declared that she was "sea sick!" She is such a funny girl!
Stephen woke up from his nap about 30 minutes into our adventure and saw the big Superman ride off in the distance. He got SO excited and wanted to go on it. Of course he is MUCH, MUCH too short. I tried to re-direct him to small rides he could go on and each time he would look up at the BIG rides looming in the distance and declare that he wanted that ride and that it was his FAVORITE. That is one of his new favorite words:)As I waited in line with Natalie so she could get on the teacups, I marveled at how tall she is. I think she must have grown at least two inches from last season. So tall and beautiful and healthy looking. It reminded me of spring time two years ago when we first got here. Natalie's gallbladder had gone bad and she was waiting to have surgery to have it taken out. We spent one day at Six Flags. Of course we took it easy, but I can still remember how much she LOVED the kiddie train even though she was in a lot of pain at that time. It helped her get through the day and made her so happy. Looking at her now, I am constantly amazed at how far she has come and how GREAT she is doing.
This ride was my favorite of the day, Yosemite Sam. When we were waiting in line, Natalie asked Stephen if he wanted to ride with her and have Mommy and Daddy ride in the back. He did. It was the first time they have done that. David and I just loved watching them. It was one of those perfect moments that we just sat back and enjoyed watching. Natalie had her arm wrapped around her Brother's shoulders, protecting and taking care of him. It was one of those moments that are so perfect that you don't need any words to know how each other is feeling.
At the end of last season Natalie was tall enough to ride a new coaster called Judge Roy Scream, but she wasn't quite ready. Yesterday, David asked Natalie if she was ready to try and was describing the fast, white coaster to her. Natalie replied, "fast is MY thing!" She decided to try it. I was so proud of her. When we were leaving the park, we went past the big white coaster and Natalie told Stephen all about it, "It's as fast as a volcano. It's a twister!!! No, it's as fast as Dad was spinning us (on Texas Teacups). Can you take it?" After enjoying all the warm weather this week with time at the park and plenty of time outdoors, we are back to rainy Texas weather. Tonight I was taking the trash outside and I found one of Natalie's pink sparkly shoes in the driveway getting wet. Apparently it fell off when I carried her in the house tonight after she fell asleep on the car ride home from church. Cinderelli lost her shoe again--or is that Belle or Sleeping Beauty. Beautiful girl!
2 comments:
Beautiful testimony on Sunday, you are one strong woman! Love the pictures too. Isn't this warm weather wonderful?
The weather looks beautiful! I hope you enjoyed your visit with the parents. It looks like y'all had fun outings and times at home.
Post a Comment