Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cinderella Day & Mermaids

Natalie calls cleaning day, Cinderella Day. We like to sing this song when we clean sometimes. Now she has been walking around singing this song for weeks, I love it!


This is one of my favorite videos. I love it because I actually got something 'natural' on film. She never even saw me recording her--you'll see why.

Here is one of her funny comments about cleaning, a Natalie-ism as we have started calling them.

"A long time ago, I didn't like cleaning, but now I do...especially when I get to take M&M breaks. Cinderella didn't get any M&M breaks."

She is my biggest helper. She is so sweet and often very happy to help me clean. But recently she was talking about cleaning and told me, "I'm back and forth, I don't like it anymore."

I think we all feel like that sometimes...or all the time. Natalie actually loves to help fold laundry. I love this video of her "SHOWING" me how to do it.


She must've converted back on her back and forth pendulum because she is a great help lately. Recently she even put all the laundry I had folded and left out away for me, and I didn't even ask. I'm kind of OCD about laundry. I sort a certain way and examine everything for stains. It isn't my favorite job, but recently Natalie helped me with the sorting and stain examining job and it turned into the most pleasant thing I could imagine. That is her power. Just having her near is a treat.

And with statements like these, who wouldn't love it...

Helping me with some laundry sorting, "pants is the skirts best friend, they met at the store and fell in LOVE--(little cute sigh)--love's first sight.

Helping me with the laundry sorting and TALKING to the laundry, "Oh, my lovely Cinderella shirt. (new one from xmas) Mom, Did you buy this one as a replacement?" She's asking if it was the replacement for her old Cinderella shirt that her cousins bought at Disney Land for her birthday. They bought it the day she was diagnosed wiht cancer and she only recently outgrew it, actually it was hard for Natalie to let go of that shirt--it was her favorite and mine as well.


All last week Natalie was pretending to be a mermaid. She dressed up as Ariel everyday for four or five days in a row. Here are somem of her funny mermaid Natalie-isms:

"Stephen I'm a mermaid, I don't know the world above me!"

"Under the moonlight I turn into a mermaid, in the morning I change into a human."

Telling Stephen a story..."And as the years past, Ariel grew up and didn't understand why King Triton didn't want music..."

Talking to me, "You're going to have to move because that's a volcano!" With that, she suddenly fell on the floor with her hands behind her back. Apparently, she was a mermaid that was a human sacrifice into a volcano. I see the Scooby Doo influence there.

It was perfect because one of those days we were out shopping and a piano player at the mall saw her sit down to enjoy his music and right away he switched over to playing "Under the Sea." Natalie got SO excited. The funny thing is she wasn't dressed up while we were out. It was perfect. A bit of fate.

After days of being Ariel, she finally told me she needed a change and she was Sleeping Beauty that day. She served tea to Stephen and her baby doll.

1 comment:

Karin said...

I don't know the world above me, that is great!