Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blue Angels



On Friday we got to go to a private viewing of the Blue Angels. This is the third year we have been able to go to the airshow by our house and see this amazing show with Make-A-Wish. This year was special though- it was the first year David was able to come with us and he was SO excited. He took a million pictures of the airplanes, including this very cool one with the flag.
During the regular airshow on Saturday, David was able to leave work under a program called FAM and go to the control tower at Alliance where the airshow was. He got to go stand on the roof of the control tower to watch the show. It must've been pretty cool- especially to be getting paid to be up there watching-he was pretty pumped about it. He was just sad that he had to get back to work before the Blue Angels were on.



Natalie was so cute, sitting there chatting away with her friends during the show. This little girl is the sister of a girl who had ALL just like Natalie. She and Natalie really hit it off. Natalie is quite jealous of her though, she is only four and already has her first missing tooth. Missing teeth are all Natalie can talk about lately. One girl in her class lost teeth TWO days in a row AT SCHOOL--VERY EXCITING BUSINESS to Kindergarteners.




I love these pictures with the sun, I think they are so cool. It is SO impressive to see these airplanes and the amazing things they can do.
When we first arrived they had a demo flight for a new plane called a raptor- and I was floored by what it could do.
I have always loved the smoke trail of airplanes- when I was a little girl I thought those were the stairs people took to get to heaven.





Stephen slept through a lot of the airshow--he REALLY needed that nap to have slept through so much noise!! (Well, he did have earplugs in-I'm not a bad Mother). I walked him around in his stroller to help him fall asleep when it was apparent that he really needed that nap. We looked at all the big airplanes while we walked and he got very excited and told me, "Mom, I want to be an AIRPLANE MAN when I grow up!!" So cute. I would say he already has the nickname for it.
With Daddy with us this year, we took the time to look at all the airplanes and the kids loved posing with them. This one is just too cute. Normally I am a little too nervous to go look at the airplanes, since it is a special showing I am always nervous that we aren't really allowed to go look. David is much braver than I am- the kids had a blast.

As much as Natalie loved taking pictures with the airplanes, I think she thought these cars were even cooler to pose with. David wanted her to pose with this car--I think because of what it says on the side- and she was eating it all up and then she HAD to pose with the red one too:)

When David and Natalie stood next to this huge chopper together, it reminded me of this picture...

I know it isn't the same helicopter, but it almost felt like it as I stood there and took their picture. This was taken a weekend in March 2007 at the Blue Angel show in Tucson, our first experience seeing an airshow. Natalie had gotten out of the hospital not too long before this after having a pretty scary gram negative sepsis. I still remember this day- we just needed a day outside under the sunny, Arizona skys. It was just the public showing that we attended, but we had a great time even though Natalie felt pretty crummy because of the month long intensification steroids.

No comments: