Friday, July 1, 2011

Peach Time Again!

The ripe peaches were still a little few and far between, but we found a new place in Gainesville that is our favorite since we left Tucson. They had peach soft serve ice cream and cold lemonade and the owners were the sweetest old couple ever. Stephen asked the lady (all sweaty and trying to cool off after out getting peaches) to come and sit with her. At first she politely said no, but when he asked a second time she grinned and went for it. She chatted away with him and listened to both Natalie and Stephen as they enjoyed being with a Grandma. Her name was Rose (that almost ended up being Nat's middle name) and her husband was the sweetest old guy. Later they left to go get pizza for the teenagers working on their farm and they walked away holding hands- it was the sweetest thing! I have always pictured David and I growing old together and it made me smile to see how in love they still were and get a glimpse of how those years can really be golden:)

We decided we will have to go back later in the summer for another round of peaches once they are a little riper! We other fun thing we did was stop at a random gas station restraunt that we saw- we seem to have luck with those:) It was a German backerie and deli called Rumpys. The food was SO good and the pasteries and deserts were delicious. I have a lot of German on my Dad's side and so I thought it was pretty fun. The ladies running it were the sweetest things ever and seemed to really enjoy Natalie and Stephen. They gave Natalie a cute puppy dog mug with a dog that was quite a little princess! I love small towns and I love coming across such kind people- it really made my day.
























Even though it was hard to find the ripe peaches, we did get them! The kids were in heaven with their peaches and had to use towels as the juice ran down their arms. Natalie (with her usual Natalie joy for life) was eating them loudly and saying hmmmm hmmmm with every bite---they literally were that good. There is nothing like a fresh ripe peach off a tree- warm from the sun.




And Natalie was a HUGE fan of the peach cobbler!! She is getting quite the palette these days! I've made some yummy blackberry cobbler twice this year and she told me the peach was even better!

No comments: