Saturday, July 30, 2011

Zions

My favorite thing we did while we were at my parents house was going to Zions National Park.  The beauty was breathtaking.  There is nothing my soul loves more than being outdoors surrounded by the wonders of nature--and especially a place as grand and impressive as Zions.  I love how the canyons changed as the light from the sun changed and clouds moved by.  I love the red rock.  My Grandparents grew up in Moab, a place famous for its red rock--I am starting to think it might be in my blood because everytime I see it I am totally in love.  I don't usually take or post so many scenic shots--I think when you go back to look at pictures taken without people you care about in the shot; that they become boring.  But I couldn't help it at Zions.  Way too beautiful. 

After we left the park, we stopped at a rock shop.  I was in heaven.  I have LOVED rocks since I was little and collecting them has always been a thing with me.  I'm still enchanted by rocks and carry them home--usually to the dismay of my husband.  But he is good about it and lets me stuff them in his pockets when mine fill up.  It was fun to see soooo many cool ones in one place.  I found one of those geode book ends--and it was blue sparkly!!!  I have always wanted one anyway--my upcoming birthday was a perfect excuse!

I think the only bad part of the day was leaving and wishing for more time.  I wanted to hike more and I wanted to raft.  I think I could spend a whole trip there.  What an amazing place. 

Love my Mom!
Austin getting a kiss from Grandma--NOT cool!!
Isn't Grandma a tease--I think he really likes it though!!




This particular picture really reminds me of the mountains we lived next to in Tucson. 











The squirrels are amazing.  There was one that kept following us and getting VERY close.  He must have thought we had some food.  Stephen really wanted to touch the squirrels, especially when it kept following us and looking so friendly.  One of the rangers told us they have had some squirrels that pose for pictures and expect treats as a reward and most of them know how to unzip backpacks to steal food.  They are cute and fiesty--they were a highlight for the kids!!
Little Stephen was the SLOWEST person in our group- we kept waiting for him.  I always laugh that he can be the fastest MOST of the time and then be SO slow other times.  He is just like I was as a kid and loves to stop and look at everything. 








Still likes to throw rocks even though he is all grown up- some things never change. 









Pretty good luck to come across a wild turkey!
I just loved this view as we sat and enjoyed watching the kids with their ice cream.  I love the flag in this picture.



Dinner at In-N-Out was a perfect end to the day!  Love this picture of my two cuties talking together--Natalie is sharing her excitement about our dinner choice with her brother!

No comments: