Friday, October 21, 2011

The Big Party!!

 The theme for Natalie's party was a mermaid/dolphin theme--which is so perfect for Natalie and was so fun to find decorations for.  We had a bounce house- there wasn't a mermaid bounce house that was big enough so we settled for a princess castle bounce house and even though it didn't fit the exact theme no one cared too much:o)  The party was really laid back and just about letting everyone have fun playing.  Since Natalie LOVES crafts, we of course had some of those too.  We had some dolphin beaded neckalces or bracelets that they could make, fun sea life (including dolphin) tattoos, and some fun sea life scratch art--I loved the turle and sea horse especially.  Five years ago, when Natalie first got sick she LOVED doing that black scratch art--it reminded me of that. 




 These mermaid & dolphin cookies turned out SO cute.  I looked on amazon to find these cookie cutters and then concluded that they were a little too pricey.  I was going to keep looking or at least think about it a little more--but lo and behold the next day I got an email thanking me for my order--I guess I was supposed to have those cookie cutters.  Two of my friends made these for me because they knew I was busy--seriously one of the sweetest things ever!!!
 I love how my decorations turned out--I like to imagine that they are a little like undersea flowers, but I'm not sure anyone else got that!
 Friends!
 An the trampoline was popular even with the bounce house...

 Pretty birthday girl!!
 I LOVE how the cake turned out.  I took some extra dolphin themed stuff to have added in and it was the perfect touch...

 Natalie was so precise (and slow) opening her gifts--she opened each card and read them--but that is polite.  I was surprised how many kids watched instead of playing on the bounce house since I told them they could do either. 

 Our underwater scene with contributions from all the guests.
 So cute!!
 We actually didn't play the ring toss game because everyone was having too much fun with the bounce house, but Natalie & Stephen have sure enjoyed it.  Stephen named it Natalie!!!


 After Natalie's party ended we had a busy schedule and had to rush off for her friend's birthday party.  But later that evening we got home and wanted to enjoy the bounce house before it went back.  David was at work, so it was me and the kids--and after having a picnic dinner of McDonalds we spent an hour until dark PLAYING our hearts out!!  It was one of the most fun times I have had in recent memory and SO special for me.  I didn't get that many good pictures during the party, so I made up for it then!!






 This is MY FAVORITE!!!!!

 Jumping Start!!
 Love it!!

  I sat on the wall on the other side and she came and lounged on me and just chatted--it was great!!
 Love her toes!! 
 This is random- but I posted it because SERIOUSLY--I can't believe how LONG her legs are!!!!

 So funny!
 LOVE this smile too!!

I love how they play so well together!!

No comments: