
We went to the pumpkin patch, but it was closed because of rain.

We had invited my sister's family to go with us and since it was the only day it worked for everyone, we just went to the store and bought pumpkins instead. We still had a lot of fun.

Putting all the pumpkins in the wagon over and over again seemed to really entertain all the kids.

I love this video of The Colonel and his cousin Emma. They are only three weeks apart and SO cute together!

Everyone had fun making carmel apples and EVEN more fun eating them. Natalie is my carmel girl, so they are a favorite for her.

We decided it would be fun for all the kids to paint little pumpkins. My poor sisters hands are too swollen from being pregnant to even try carving, so this worked out perfectly.




We made carmel apple cider, which was yummy and perfect for a rainy day. Everytime someone is doing something in the kitchen these days, Stephen pushes his chair over from the table saying, "help, help, help!" He wants to be involved in everything these days and doesn't like getting left out.

I walked in the room one eveing and found Stephen sitting on Natalie's lap watching t.v. together. They are so sweet together.

With our trip, we were a little late in buying Stephen's costume. We went to the store and I held up four costumes of characters I know he LOVES. Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and then I threw in a pirate since he really liked that at Disney. He told me the pirate was too scary and then he pointed to all three superheroes. Finally after a few minutes of explaining that he had to pick one, he clearly picked Batman. The only problem was this Target had NONE in his size. Since I knew his pick, I ran into another store to buy one. They only had Superman in his size. I was worried I wouldn't find it anywhere else, so I got Superman since he loves him anyway. Natalie was really hoping Stephen would be Superman too! This is his face when he saw his costume, I don't think he minded the change too much!!
One funny thing when we were shopping was when Stephen saw a mask with the ghost looking face from Scream. He started making ghost sounds over and over, pretty good too---we were busting up. He is so funny!
This is him with his new costume, bum is his word for Superman...I think he means to say BOOM! He loves to run around the room and say BUM, meaning he is Superman flying. He has been saying that since summer. The video also shows Nat's new wig. We went to a costume store and found this perfect Ariel wig. Natalie was very concerned because there was only two left and we she said her friend Riley from church was going to be Ariel and would buy the wig if we didn't hurry and buy it. She is so funny.

Then we celebrated our costume finds with a yummy lunch. I told Natalie she couldn't bring her wig into a hamburger place. Isn't she cute?
This hamburger place had a HUGE spider hanging up near the cash register. Stephen LOVES spiders and kept going over there to look at it. I would lift him up and let him touch it. He was begging to do that even though you could tell it made him a little nervous. The ladies working thought it was so funny that he kept wanting to come and see it, so they decided to make it come alive. When I was holding him up, they used a string to lower it. The Colonel jumped a foot and it scared him, but then he you could see him trying to hold his smile back. He kept wanting to come back even after that, but he was more nervous to touch it. So funny!
I love this video of her talking about Halloween. She is so funny and this video shows so many of her little funny, characteristic quirks.
I got a princess pumpkin carving kit this year. We have never used a kit before and we always do the traditional pumpkin. David saw the princess thing and made some comment about having to make a princess pumpkin, not manly enough I suppose. Natalie looked at him and said, "Daddy please make me a princess pumpkin!" I'm sure you know what happened, not another word of complaint and a perfect pumpkin carved just for his princess!








The night before Halloween we went to our church for a Trunk-r-Treat. David had to work, but Grandma and my sister's family went with us.




I was surprised, Natalie was 100% right about her friend Riley. Aren't they cute? Natalie decided to wear her pink mermaid and the regular Ariel for Halloween. If she had flip-flopped her decision, they would've been a perfect match!
No comments:
Post a Comment