Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

On Halloween morning, I took my Ariel to the Botanical Gardens to have her pictures taken with Belle. It was for a fundraiser for the Princess Alexa Foundation, called Princess in the Park. After it was over, we walked around and looked at the roses and took a few pictures. I LOVE roses, they remind me of my childhood. It was fun and special.
Natalie loved it and when we got in the car, she told me it was the best surprise EVER!



She was insistent that we go take a picture by this bluish-green thing she saw. We had to walk through some wet, muddy grass. Here she is worried about her muddy feet, she is such a girl! I told her later that this looked like the thing in Ariel that the shark gets stuck in.
David dressed as a vampire. His Mom didn't know he was dressing up and when she came up the stairs and saw him, she screamed and jumped into Natalie's room. It was hilarious.
It is hard to overstate how much I love this picture of Natalie feeding Baby Makena...for a lot of reasons.


Poor Christa, SO pregnant. She threw her back out and had to spend the evening laying on the couch. Her baby is BIG!
Uncle Allen, the kids love him because he likes to play!













I love this picture of Stephen with his little friends. I can't say how much I love seeing him playing with his friends. They are all so little and short and so very, very cute. Their little personalities and words are developing and I love seeing how they interact together. I love this two year old age, where they are so cute all the time, even when they are mad. I think one reason my heart has been eating it up so much is that I never got to see my Natalie at that age playing with other little ones her age. Not really, she did things and went places, but playing with little kids wasn't really one of them during those first hard days after diagnosis. So now I am loving watching that with Stephen.

This is our Halloween crowd. Stephen's best friend Z, baby Makena, and cousins Daniel and Emma. I posted several shots to try to get one of them all looking, funny with a big group of kids.


I love this funny picture!

4 comments:

Karin said...

All of your costumes are so great. That last picture of Stephen is fun. :)

The A Team said...

fun!! i love natalie's ariel costume.

Rachel said...

Awesome pictures! I loved Halloween so much as a child and still do so it is so awesome to see joy in their eyes as they dressed up and trick or treated!

Crys said...

So sweet. Great pics of the day- those ones of Nat are beautiful!!