Natalie has been in
Runway for Research since it started three years ago. She loves it so much and has decided she will be at EVERY fashion show...the fact we no longer live in Tucson doesn't concern her too much:)
Natalie made the news with her happy skipping/running back up the runway. David took still photos since they have made a video each year. It didn't work out to well for us, Natalie was too fast. I still haven't seen anything about the video, so I am crossing my fingers and grateful that we at least have
this little snippet from the news coverage.
Natalie came to the end of the runway and surprised me with a twirl, I think she even had her hands above her head. Then she skipped/ran back up the runway straight into Dr. Wittman's arms. She literally jumped into her arms, even wrapping her legs around Dr. Wittman. It was the best moment and I am SO hoping for a video of it in the future.

David wore a pink tie to honor Natalie.

Getting all spiffy, too bad he fell asleep 10 minutes before the show started. It was going to be his first year to walk the runway...maybe next year.

Natalie requested a braid, so they did a pretty updo with a braid across the top.

She loved getting her makeup done.


Natalie was SO excited to see Dr. Wittman (her old oncologist and her FAVORITE doctor). Dr. Wittman brought Natalie some new ice skates since we discovered she had outgrown her last pair when they went skating together in Dallas last month.

Getting her new designer outfit on. This dress was a shimmering pink and the jacket had an Asian flair (kind of like Mulan) with butterflies on it. David went to target to try to buy some new pink sparkly shoes since the sparkles are off on the toes. They were out, so instead he bought some glittery hello kitty shoes and these awesome purple boots with butterlies along the top. He hadn't even seen her outfit yet, but it was perfect and really MADE the outfit.
Natalie totally has the personality to pull of boots. When she saw them she said, "I love these because when I grow up, I'm going to be a cowgirl! I have my cowgirl hat and now I have cowgirl shoes!"
The funny thing is that Natalie wanted to wear BOTH pairs of shoes, so when she came out at the end to bow, she had her hello kitty shoes on.




This video of Natalie dancing is soooo cute!



David's Dad, Auntie Kathy, and Natalie!







Normally when Natalie falls asleep in the car, she is all demure and just has her chin up in the air. I opened the car door and saw her all sprawled out like this and just had to laugh...maybe it is due to the influence of the 'cowgirl boots.'
1 comment:
You weren't kidding, the news video is just a snippet! She flew by! But as I was watching it and saw that burst of pink and purple go by, I knew it was her. Love it!
Post a Comment