Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May Fun

We had a fun Memorial Day weekend even though David worked a lot of it. We enjoyed our inagural swim of the new summer season--the water was still VERY cold but the kids were super excited anyway. It was really windy and Natalie lips didn't take long to turn the color of her purple Tinkerbell swim suit--so we didn't stay long but it was a long awaited event!

David and I celebrated our 12 year wedding anniversary over the weekend as well. I got a dozen red roses with some pretty white flowers mixed in that reminded me a lot of my wedding boquet. I am SO excited about this video I made for David for our anniversary--I have pictured it in my mind for at least six months and I am SO excited about how it turned out. The blue sparkly is SO perfect!!


On Memorial Day we went to a nearby lake with some friends. Poor David had to work so he missed out on the fun but we had a good time- even though I got burned pretty badly!





We also had fun enjoying dinner with friends and celebrating the one year birthday of Natalie's Wish Granters twins. It was fun to see how cute they are and how well they are doing after a very hard year- they were born early and in the NICU for months and little Abby had cranial surgery recently. That was special to be able to be there for that.

Check out our windhsield--that was one BIG piece of hail!! It was a crazy and exciting storm with several tornado sirens going off. We even saw some tornadic rotations go by our house.


Delicious Wishes

A week after Wish Night, Natalie was invited to attend a similiar event for the Fort Worth Make A Wish office. It was called Delicious Wishes and was a food tasting night & auction Fort Worth style. The kids had a ball dressing up in their cowboy stuff to enjoy the night.

The Colonel started this whole bread thing...there were all kinds of food being served but he saw a decorative basket displaying some bread by panera bread and got fixed on the idea of eating some. It wasn't being served but when one of the employees overheard him asking for bread they got him a piece and later let him pick a loaf to take home from their basket. He was in HEAVEN and was SO proud. He carried that bread around like it was gold. They got one for Natalie too and got a kick out of her taking a bite off it.

More artwork.

A new friend.

We recently went to Six Flags with some friends and had a great time. Our kids thought it was super fun to go together. I love some of these fun pictures.

Love this, especially compared to the next one of Natalie...
This girl of mine... What a shot.




Glad we got another fun day in before it gets hotter...now my kids are looking forward to our passes to Six Flags water park. Most days for three months now, Stephen will say to me, "Mom, remember we're going to Six Flags water park?" Of course he says it in such a cute little voice and is SO worried I am going to forget.

No comments: