This is my crazy, funny, silly, fiesty, sweetheart boy. He is MY baby even though he is a big boy now! He is so much like me, it is just crazy. Sometimes we butt heads a little because we are so alike, but I am head over heals for this sweet heart and can't believe how adorable he is. He tells me the funniest things and I love his little sense of humor--so much like his sister. I love that he still adores his Mama and LOVES to snuggle. I love how he always picks flowers for his sister everywhere we go and how he lights up when she is around--even if he has figured out how to be the perfect little brother--he loves to tease! I love that he is becoming more of a Daddy's boy--on occasion. I love how much he LOVES bugs--he can't get enough of them and collects as many as he can find.

Isn't he precious? I love taking pictures of the funny places he falls asleep.

I love this picture because it reminds me of his favorite book--"Caps for Sale" --last year he couldn't get enough of it and would act out the actions of the monkeys and the man as we would read. Those memories will be with me for a long time; so sweet and fun. It also reminds me of a fun picture of Natalie...
Last week he was being silly and wanted me to take pictures of him. He had a ball being goofy for the camera and was SO in love with checking out each of his pictures as soon as I snapped it. What a treat and so fun--I almost never get great pictures of him because he never holds still!










What a fun personality!

Last week Stephen was about to go take a bath and then got interested in a show on tv after he was undressed. It was a cute part of the kindergarten cop movie so I let him watch it--then before I knew it he was tired of the movie and suddenly went outside. Uh-0h--I went out there to make my naked boy come back in and I found him playing basketball!! It was the funniest sight--and he is getting so good at dribbling, I was impressed! So instead of following my plan of quickly getting him back inside (he was in the back and no one was around) I grabbed my camera--it was too funny to pass up.

Reminded me of Seinfeld! These two pictures just happened to have the ball strategically placed--cutest thing ever!

My silly boy making me laugh yet again and dash for my camera...

What a lucky Mom I am.
Oh, and here is the recent drama in Stephen's life...an infected finger. It started off just red and then two days later these weird cirlces (obviously blood under the skin even though he didn't smash his finger) developed. There was a small pus pocket on the side that kept getting worse, as did the dark color on the fingertip. It took several days of an antibiotic to get it to start looking better.





Then at the end when it started finally getting better- he pulled off the dead, black skin and had an open, raw, and painful finger again. Poor kid! It looks great now and is a distant memory! Just in time for his new drama...
This weekend Stephen had croup and I took him to urgent care. They wanted to make certain it wasn't pnemonia or some other infection even though it sounded like croup. So they did a chest x-ray and drew some blood. He was a perfect little patient!! He didn't cry at all and was so grown up and brave and even watched as they put the needle in his arm. And the cute things he was saying to them...They all loved him because he was so sweet and good. Reminds me of how amazing Natalie was when she was little. I think he has always been comfortable in that setting since he spent so much time in the hospital and in clinic when he was a baby. It is funny because I see kids that freak out about blood pressure and getting their ears checked and this brave boy and mine doesn't even cry when he gets a poke! What a darling!
No comments:
Post a Comment